+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Alberta?

Mar 20, 2023
Hello all,
I reside in India and have applied for Express entry since the year 2021. I have a score of 450 (applied for Ontario) and don't see getting PR earlier than 2024. I am thinking to apply for Alberta and want to understand the process. Do I need to apply again for Alberta as a new profile or can I submit another application in the same profile? How does it work? Can someone please guide.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all,
I reside in India and have applied for Express entry since the year 2021. I have a score of 450 (applied for Ontario) and don't see getting PR earlier than 2024. I am thinking to apply for Alberta and want to understand the process. Do I need to apply again for Alberta as a new profile or can I submit another application in the same profile? How does it work? Can someone please guide.
Just select Alberta in your EE profile. AINP selects based on NOC and CRS score. They do not publish the NOCs selected but if you have family in the province, job offer, know French and live/work there then you have a higher chance of selection. Read through the AINP requirements. 450 is low of OINP and Express Entry.

Mar 20, 2023
Just select Alberta in your EE profile. AINP selects based on NOC and CRS score. They do not publish the NOCs selected but if you have family in the province, job offer, know French and live/work there then you have a higher chance of selection. Read through the AINP requirements. 450 is low of OINP and Express Entry.
i have blood relation with PR in Ontario and not alberta. I don’t have any job offer or know french or live/work there.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i have blood relation with PR in Ontario and not alberta. I don’t have any job offer or know french or live/work there.
Ok but you can still select Alberta and you may be selected if your NOC is in demand and they select your CRS score. Even for OINP, you don’t get points for relative.

Mar 20, 2023
Okay thank you.
Also, I am already in pool where in I have selected Ontario as a province where i want to move
Do i delete that application and then apply for alberta or i can apply for alberta along with my existing application of Ontario?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay thank you.
Also, I am already in pool where in I have selected Ontario as a province where i want to move
Do i delete that application and then apply for alberta or i can apply for alberta along with my existing application of Ontario?
Just select and add Alberta. What is your NOC? PNP may be only option with CRS score of 450.