+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a visitor visa when the current one is still valid as a representative

Apr 25, 2024
Hi there!

My mom just got a new passport (her current one along with her current visitor visa expire in Feb 2024) and she wanted to apply to get a visitor visa on the new passport. I applied on her behalf as a representative but a lot of things confused me on the way and the visa got rejected...

So i have the following questions
1. Can we apply for a new visa if her current one is still valid until Feb 2024?
2. If I apply as a representative, i apply from her account (it says logged in as my mom) but all correspondence is addressed to me. Under the primary applicant i saw my name and not hers. I assume it is because i am a rep or did i do something wrong?
3. what are the supporting documents I can provide to ensure them she will leave Canada? Previously we applied in March and she is coming to visit me this summer (as she did in prior years). I attached her current tickets as well as an explanation letter that we are applying for future visits to which we don't have an itinerary yet. should we not have included that?

Any help will be very appreciated!!!