+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a supervisa while waiting for the response to the visitors visa application.

Tas786!

Feb 15, 2024
Hi all,
My dad had valid visitors visa from 2018 to 2023 as his passport validity was until June 2023. He got his passport renewed and then I reapplied for his visitors visa in September 2023. It is Feb 2024 now and I haven't heard anything from ircc. At this point, can I apply for their supervisa from India, as I would want them to visit me in at least by June. Is it ok to apply for super visa while waiting for the result of his visitors visa application.
Your inputs will be highly valued and appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,
My dad had valid visitors visa from 2018 to 2023 as his passport validity was until June 2023. He got his passport renewed and then I reapplied for his visitors visa in September 2023. It is Feb 2024 now and I haven't heard anything from ircc. At this point, can I apply for their supervisa from India, as I would want them to visit me in at least by June. Is it ok to apply for super visa while waiting for the result of his visitors visa application.
Your inputs will be highly valued and appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sure. If he is in India, he can apply. You need to meet LICO so you may want to wait until you have your NOC for 2023, or if you have T4. He will need to pass the medical and get insurance.

Reactions: Tas786!

Tas786!

Feb 15, 2024
Sure. If he is in India, he can apply. You need to meet LICO so you may want to wait until you have your NOC for 2023, or if you have T4. He will need to pass the medical and get insurance.
Thanks a lot for responding. Yeah, I meet the LICO. My main concern was that since his visitor visa application is in progress, would that lead the visa officers towards suspicion as to why are we applying for 2 types of visa (visitors visa and super visa) at the same time. And are there chances of rejection due to the same?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks a lot for responding. Yeah, I meet the LICO. My main concern was that since his visitor visa application is in progress, would that lead the visa officers towards suspicion as to why are we applying for 2 types of visa (visitors visa and super visa) at the same time. And are there chances of rejection due to the same?
I would not be concerned. Many people do it. You can always wait to get approval of TRV since you don’t have NOA yet for 2022. Hopefully by the time you have NOA, the TRV has been approved to apply for supervisa. Seems like this is not urgent.