+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a study permit on behalf of a minor child

say2

Mar 13, 2021
Hello Everyone!
I am applying for a study permit for my son who is a minor child in BC, Canada and I have two questions regarding how to answer the following questions.
1. "Are you giving someone access to your application?"
Can I choose "No" since I, as his parent, am applying the visa for him?

2. If I pick "Yes" to the question above, there are 3 additional questions.
-Yes, I will be appointing a representative to apply on my behalf.
-Yes, grant authorization for IRCC to release your application information to another person.
-Yes, both appoint a representative and grant authorization to IRCC to release information to another person.

I would like to know if I have to apply as his "representative" or I can just apply by saying "No" to the first question.
I would appreciate any advice on this.
Thank you!!

say2

Mar 13, 2021
As for Question 2, you mean I should pick "Yes, grant authorization for IRCC to release your application information to another person" correct?
Thank you for your help!

nivedhitha

Jul 18, 2019
Thank you so much!
Hi, My situation is similar as yours. I am applying tourist visa for my baby who is 5 months. Do I need to select,
Yes, grant authorization for IRCC to release your application information to another person" ? or Yes, I will be appointing a representative to apply on my behalf. ? I am little confused.

Cherukei

Apr 16, 2021
Hi I am also planning to apply for study permit for my 3 children, but I have don't know which document are required. For example, is it necessary to secure admission for them first? They are in primary and secondary tertiary

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi I am also planning to apply for study permit for my 3 children, but I have don't know which document are required. For example, is it necessary to secure admission for them first? They are in primary and secondary tertiary
You don't need to get admission for them, but I'll advise you get in touch with the School board in the region where you will be living in Canada. They will advise you on how to get them into schools .

You need to include them in your application. When answering the questionnaire, indicate that you want to apply for Study Permits for each them. The system will generate their own application forms and list of required documents.