+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a study permit and studying in Canada while owning a sole proprietorship in Sweden?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Bollocks! I came here in 1983 as a student at the ripe old age of 48, also from Sweden. I had decades of study gap and never studied at a college/uni. I didn’t even have a high school diploma. Which is one of the reasons I had to seek education abroad as none of the Swedish universities would touch me with a barge-pole, without that diploma. I did study my field of work though. Single person, no kids, and in reality no ties to my home country either. I’m now a Canadian Citizen.

@max1994 you might want to check into the legalities in regards to staying as a student loan from CSN may prevent you from eligibility for Post Graduate Work Permit.
Wow, cool story. You are 89 years old. Lots change in 40 years with IRCC in issuing study permits. Would hope you got your citizenship.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Bollocks! I came here in 2013 as a student at the ripe old age of 48, also from Sweden. I had decades of study gap and never studied at a college/uni. I didn’t even have a high school diploma. Which is one of the reasons I had to seek education abroad as none of the Swedish universities would touch me with a barge-pole, without that diploma. I did study my field of work though. Single person, no kids, and in reality no ties to my home country either. I’m now a Canadian Citizen.

@max1994 you might want to check into the legalities in regards to staying as a student loan from CSN may prevent you from eligibility for Post Graduate Work Permit.

Edited to correct the year. It was 2013 and not 1983 as the original said. I’m old, just not THAT old. ROTFLOL
Right , and nothing has changed in ten years or recently in regards to immigration law or policy