+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Student Visa to Canada

Dec 6, 2017
I am in dire help for any insight in my situation. I applied to a University in Canada for a masters program and I got it. I was previously deported from USA and banned for 2 years for over stay and the period ended a while back i think 3 years now . I would like to apply for a student visa to Canada, am I inadmissible . I dont have any record in USA other than over stay some years back

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Deportation and overstaying don't make you inadmissible as long as you didn't commit any other crimes.
What I would worry about is the approval of the Student visa itself. Having a history of overstaying will highly reduce your chances of being approved any temporary residency visa in Canada such as a worker, student or visitor. Try your best to prepare a strong application with lots of ties to your home country such that the officer would be convinced that you will not overstay your Student visa if approved.
Good Luck!

Dec 6, 2017
Deportation and overstaying don't make you inadmissible as long as you didn't commit any other crimes.
What I would worry about is the approval of the Student visa itself. Having a history of overstaying will highly reduce your chances of being approved any temporary residency visa in Canada such as a worker, student or visitor. Try your best to prepare a strong application with lots of ties to your home country such that the officer would be convinced that you will not overstay your Student visa if approved.
Good Luck!

I have been studying in UK since then and I have a clean record. I have just graduated and returning will be returning to my country before my visa expires would this help with my application for student visa

Dec 6, 2017
I have been studying in UK since then and I have a clean record. I have just graduated and returning will be returning to my country before my visa expires would this help with my application for student visa to Canada in that I am there to study then go back home,

mvgnum

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
They are very strict, once you've been deported from a country for overstay all the others think that if they let you in you're going to overstay even if you have all the reasons not to. But I'd say give it a shot, who knows, it might work.

PandaExpress

Oct 27, 2018
I am in dire help for any insight in my situation. I applied to a University in Canada for a masters program and I got it. I was previously deported from USA and banned for 2 years for over stay and the period ended a while back i think 3 years now . I would like to apply for a student visa to Canada, am I inadmissible . I dont have any record in USA other than over stay some years back
Did you get it eventually??