+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a South Korean Police Certificate... When I'm not Korean

olololox

Mar 28, 2013
Hi,

So I'm British national and lived in South Korea for a year. I'm applying for permanent residency through my spouse, and need to get a Police Certificate from South Korea. There are two forms that I'm struggling to find though...

On the CIC website, it asks me to obtain a Certificate of your Entry/Exit Record issued by Korean Immigration from the Hi Korea website before I can apply for a Police Certificate, but I cannot find the consent form that they ask for!

Has anyone had experience with this and can direct me to the correct form?

Any help on clarifying this process would really be appreciated! :-X

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
You might want to ask the question in this thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-my-korean-wife-for-permanent-residency-t137874.0.html

Someone might have some experience with it there.

Have you tried going to the nearest Korean consulate? If you're just looking for the criminal record check, at least here in Toronto, the consulate will provide you with a power of attorney like form that allows you to appoint a representative in Korea to obtain the check on your behalf. Good luck.

taffytoffy

Nov 17, 2016
olololox said:
Hi,

So I'm British national and lived in South Korea for a year. I'm applying for permanent residency through my spouse, and need to get a Police Certificate from South Korea. There are two forms that I'm struggling to find though...

On the CIC website, it asks me to obtain a Certificate of your Entry/Exit Record issued by Korean Immigration from the Hi Korea website before I can apply for a Police Certificate, but I cannot find the consent form that they ask for!

Has anyone had experience with this and can direct me to the correct form?

Any help on clarifying this process would really be appreciated! :-X

Yes, the HiKorea website and the police website in Korea are hard to use esp for foreigners and those who don't use IE/Windows! Recently I successfully got my Korea Police Certificate and I put the relevant forms on my blog for you to download: (plus a step-by-step guide)

taffytoffy.wordpress.com/2016/11/17/korea-police-certificate-a-step-by-step-guide-%E9%9F%A9%E5%9B%BD%E6%97%A0%E7%8A%AF%E7%BD%AA%E8%AF%81%E6%98%8E/

To note, if you live outside Korea, you have to ask your friend in Korea to represent you.