+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a PRTD from Mexico or Panama - Processing times?

zobs_vita_nuova

Mar 4, 2021
Thank you for sharing, I'm about to apply from Mexico, please let us know when you receive your PRTD.
Best,
Hi, I will let you know. As of today, no more news.
When applying just be sure you pay all the fees. There is the fee that you pay online directly to the government of Canada but VFS Global will also ask you to pay some fees that you need to deposit directly in their bank account (no e-transfers allowed). I didn’t realize this, and my application got a delay of probably one week.

xc1

Nov 4, 2021
Hi, I will let you know. As of today, no more news.
When applying just be sure you pay all the fees. There is the fee that you pay online directly to the government of Canada but VFS Global will also ask you to pay some fees that you need to deposit directly in their bank account (no e-transfers allowed). I didn’t realize this, and my application got a delay of probably one week.
Hi Zobs,
Any luck? it's been 5 weeks now since you applied.
Thanks.

zobs_vita_nuova

Mar 4, 2021
Permanent Resident Card Travel Document UPDATED TIME LINE - COMPLETED - 61 DAYS IN TOTAL.
1. Application received at VAC CDMX on Octuber 7, 2021
2. Application has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Mon Oct 18 2021
3. Email received: "We're still working on your application" on Tue Nov 02 2021
4. Email received: "The decision envelope for your application has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO" on Tue Nov 16 2021
5. Email received: "The decision envelope for your application has been received from the IRCC Office on Tue Nov 16 2021 and will be dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre where you applied or at the courier address provided by you at the time of submission of your application." on Tue Nov 16 2021
6. Email received: "The decision envelope for your application has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Mexico OC on Tue Nov 16 2021 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs." on Tue Nov 16 2021
7. Received the application together with my passport stamped with my Permanent Resident Card Travel Document on Thu Nov 18 2021

Tony1970

Feb 26, 2022
Permanent Resident Card Travel Document UPDATED TIME LINE - COMPLETED - 61 DAYS IN TOTAL.
1. Application received at VAC CDMX on Octuber 7, 2021
2. Application has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Mon Oct 18 2021
3. Email received: "We're still working on your application" on Tue Nov 02 2021
4. Email received: "The decision envelope for your application has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO" on Tue Nov 16 2021
5. Email received: "The decision envelope for your application has been received from the IRCC Office on Tue Nov 16 2021 and will be dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre where you applied or at the courier address provided by you at the time of submission of your application." on Tue Nov 16 2021
6. Email received: "The decision envelope for your application has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Mexico OC on Tue Nov 16 2021 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs." on Tue Nov 16 2021
7. Received the application together with my passport stamped with my Permanent Resident Card Travel Document on Thu Nov 18 2021
is your PRTD Multiple entry

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I did request multiple.
Multiple entry PRTD are very rare. The only real reason to be offered one is if you are married to a Canadian and are living abroad and you want to be able to come visit every year or multiple times per year and haven’t applied for PR card renewal or are waiting for PR card renewal.

zobs_vita_nuova

Mar 4, 2021
Hi Thank you for sharing it. Did you apply by email or mail the documents to the VAC in your country? If by email the only fee I need to submit is 50 dollars. I am not sure when should I pay the other fee..
Documents were sent by mail (DHL) to the VAC in Mexico City. There are two fees that need to be paid: the $50 cad that you pay online to the government of canadá but there is also the fees that you need to pay to the VAC (in Mexico Pesos almost 800 pesos).

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
Documents were sent by mail (DHL) to the VAC in Mexico City. There are two fees that need to be paid: the $50 cad that you pay online to the government of canadá but there is also the fees that you need to pay to the VAC (in Mexico Pesos almost 800 pesos).
Thank you.

zobs_vita_nuova

Mar 4, 2021
Thank you.
If you are applying in Mexico those are the VAC fees:

· Servicio de Asistencia. Debe realizar un depósito por persona de $130.00 pesos. Este pago lo puede realizar en cualquier sucursal SCOTIABANK al siguiente número de cuenta 14506280854, no es necesario que envíe físicamente el pago, puede proporcionarlo mediante un archivo adjunto a este mismo correo.

· Servicio de Transmisión de documentos. Debe realizar un depósito por persona de $123.00 pesos. Este pago lo puede realizar en cualquier sucursal SCOTIABANK al siguiente número de cuenta 14506280854, no es necesario que envíe físicamente el pago, puede proporcionarlo mediante un archivo adjunto a este mismo correo.

· Servicio de Courier por persona. Para que su documentación sea devuelta por paquetería debe realizar un depósito (NO TRANSFERENCIA) de: 1) $515.70 pesos si desea que sus documentos sean devueltos de forma exprés o 2) $223.20 pesos si desea que sus documentos sean devueltos de forma regular (3-5 días hábiles). Este pago lo puede realizar en cualquier sucursal SCOTIABANK al siguiente número de cuenta 14506280854. No es necesario que envíe físicamente el pago, puede proporcionarlo mediante un archivo adjunto a este mismo correo, junto con la dirección completa (con código postal) en la cual desea que se le devuelva su documentación.

Reactions: 8221129