+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a PR card after being reported

rvilla

Mar 24, 2014
Hi,

I wanted to ask if anyone had to ask for the PR Card after being reported. I need to make a trip of 3 or four days and would need the PR card.

In any case right now since I already got reported, and I can document the reason of the trip then I am not sure if I can ask for a PR card, I heard they can and give you one valid for a year so I dont know how to proceed. The trip I need to do doesnt have to be soon, but I would like to do it sometime around January.

Any help?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rvilla said:
Hi,

I wanted to ask if anyone had to ask for the PR Card after being reported. I need to make a trip of 3 or four days and would need the PR card.

In any case right now since I already got reported, and I can document the reason of the trip then I am not sure if I can ask for a PR card, I heard they can and give you one valid for a year so I dont know how to proceed. The trip I need to do doesnt have to be soon, but I would like to do it sometime around January.

Any help?
If I were you I wouldnt "like to" go on a trip before you get this sorted out. When were you reported? And are you sure you were reported? Some get yelled at when they come in and they have actually failed to meet requirements, but they never get reported. Are you sure you arent one of those. If you were reported then you should get something in mail advising you of the intention to revoke you PR status and informing you of the appeal process.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rvilla said:
Hi,

Any help?
Where were you 'reported' i.e. PRTD application, sponsorship, POE..and what paperwork were you issued? If reported on Canadian soil were you issued a departure order? Have you appealed the report?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Msafiri said:
Where were you 'reported' i.e. PRTD application, sponsorship, POE..and what paperwork were you issued? If reported on Canadian soil were you issued a departure order? Have you appealed the report?
OP was reported at the POE for failing to meet RO and has now filed an appeal with the IAD.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
OP was reported at the POE for failing to meet RO and has now filed an appeal with the IAD.
OP can apply for a PR Card...there is a section in regards to being under report. CIC will issue a one year validity PR card.

rvilla

Mar 24, 2014
Thank you Msafiri.

Yes I was reported on POE and I already started the appeal process.

I will apply for the PR card while I'm in the appeal process if I can have the pr card valid for a year.