+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a masters after ACCA: need some serious advice!

Peter_305

Jun 5, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have being reading around and I must say, the members have some quality advice. Some blogs had captured this topic but I felt I needed more so here I am.

So I am an international student (23yrs) planning to apply for an masters program (mba) in canada (preferably in BC, ontario & toronto) and I have an ACCA (I am a member) plus 5 years of work experience in a big 4 audit firm. No university degree as I did this direct from High school.

I have chatted with uni reps but they are of no much use. I checked the acca website and read that its equivalent of a bachelor's degree (which is exactly what I need to apply for a masters), only problem is that the acca rep wrote to me in an email saying they don't offer any letters of equivalence (which Is confusing as to what I read in other threads).

I am really stuck on how I can advance in my education and study abroad (UK is not an option) and I would really use some expert help.

Also, if you can point out on the ability of an acca member to easily fit in and get jobs, that could be useful. (I am open minded so feel free to share anything helpful that floats your boat)

Thanks alot!

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Peter_305 said:
Hi Guys,

I have being reading around and I must say, the members have some quality advice. Some blogs had captured this topic but I felt I needed more so here I am.

So I am an international student (23yrs) planning to apply for an masters program (mba) in canada (preferably in BC, ontario & toronto) and I have an ACCA (I am a member) plus 5 years of work experience in a big 4 audit firm. No university degree as I did this direct from High school.

I have chatted with uni reps but they are of no much use. I checked the acca website and read that its equivalent of a bachelor's degree (which is exactly what I need to apply for a masters), only problem is that the acca rep wrote to me in an email saying they don't offer any letters of equivalence (which Is confusing as to what I read in other threads).

I am really stuck on how I can advance in my education and study abroad (UK is not an option) and I would really use some expert help.

Also, if you can point out on the ability of an acca member to easily fit in and get jobs, that could be useful. (I am open minded so feel free to share anything helpful that floats your boat)

Thanks alot!

Hi

Check this link where WES access ACCA equivalent 3 years Canadian bachelor. I don't know it help you for apply MBA but it help people apply FSW.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t218092.0.html;topicseen

Check another link for ACCA student option:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/need-to-know-my-options-acca-student-t117022.0.html

Just one question: where are you come from where you can directly study ACCA without bachelor because I know almost people study bachelor first then apply ACCA.

Hope it will help you to find solution to study at Canada.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
you can check one more option here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/accaaccountancy-related-opportunities-in-canada-t236456.0.html

Peter_305

Jun 5, 2016
Hey,

Thanks mate for the reply, highly appreciated.

Just in reply to your question, ACCA can be done from A`Levels direct since the requirements don`t explicitly state that one needs a bachelors degree.

Maybe if you have the time, whats your pick on doing MBA finance after ACCA? Is it worth it? and does the market demand for MBAs or its own luck.

Cheers!

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Peter_305 said:
Hey,

Thanks mate for the reply, highly appreciated.

Just in reply to your question, ACCA can be done from A`Levels direct since the requirements don`t explicitly state that one needs a bachelors degree.

Maybe if you have the time, whats your pick on doing MBA finance after ACCA? Is it worth it? and does the market demand for MBAs or its own luck.

Cheers!
I don't know much about the Finance job market in Canada but you are very young I think you should study MBA or master of accounting/ finance at Canada and find a job and apply PR via EE (FSW or CEC) if you purpose to come to Canada for PR and citizen later. During the time study master/ working you should improve your IELTS.

As per my searching MBA or master of accounting/ finance may be difficult to find the finance and accounting/ auditing job but anyway you are quite young and MBA or master will be better for your career path.

gotanvir

May 9, 2019
Hi Guys,

Thanks alot!
Hey Peter,

It's been almost 3 years. Did you went to Canada for MBA?