+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Canadian Student Visa while in Canada

Negyiri

Mar 10, 2018
Sudan
Hello All,

Please, this is my 3 entry into Canada and never stayed more 6 weeks in this country... I am currently wanting to apply for a student visa INSIDE Canada. The immigration consultant told me this can be done.. Please, i need help, if anyone has done it before and has been successful. kindly send me an email to respond so you can assist me if possible.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
It is possible to apply for a study permit while you're physically inside Canada.

However, your application will be treated as if you were applying from outside Canada - it will be sent to the VAC in the US, for example. This may also mean that you have to leave Canada to give biometrics, or for the medical test, and/or for the interview (if they want to interview you).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/apply.html

You can’t apply from inside Canada. Even though you’re physically in Canada, you need to follow the instructions for applying for a study permit from outside Canada. This may mean you’ll need to leave Canada for an interview or to complete other steps of your application.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you for your quick reply, i took biometrics when i applied for my visitors visa...so my biometrics are all already with the embassy.. if medicals cannot be done here then the immigration consultant did not do go to me by advising me to do everything here.
When applying from inside Canada, you may have to leave for various things. Not everyone has to leave. Biometrics are the most common reason.

If you are working with a consultant (registered and licensed, I hope), and he's generally competent, you should listen to him. No harm in verifying stuff he tells you, but also don't think that everything he says is wrong.

If you don't trust your consultant, you should find a new one or do everything yourself.

Reactions: Negyiri