+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) with an AOR

Zahra14

Mar 1, 2023
I have applied for my express entry application last night and got an acknowledgment of receipt (AOR) right away. My work permit and temporary resident status is about to expire on the 26th of March 2023 and I will need to apply for a work permit right away.

Will I be able to do that with just an AOR? Or do I need to wait to receive and R10 completeness check and then apply?
As for the application for BOWP, do I need to mention anywhere in the application that this is a BOWP because my only options are to say im applying for an open work permit. Do I include my AOR as a supporting document?

ma2021

Aug 13, 2021
I have applied for my express entry application last night and got an acknowledgment of receipt (AOR) right away. My work permit and temporary resident status is about to expire on the 26th of March 2023 and I will need to apply for a work permit right away.

Will I be able to do that with just an AOR? Or do I need to wait to receive and R10 completeness check and then apply?
As for the application for BOWP, do I need to mention anywhere in the application that this is a BOWP because my only options are to say im applying for an open work permit. Do I include my AOR as a supporting document?
Have you checked out this link? Should answer all your questions. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html