+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a 3-yrs TRV

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
I got my PR visa approved and plan to move to Canada a few months from now. Is there any possibility that my mother would be granted a 3-yrs TRV and come with me at the same time? I already have a job waiting for me over there. If she was granted only 6-months visa, I would then have to accompany her back to our origin country after her visa expired which is really very difficult for me. Please help! Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mehmeh said:
I got my PR visa approved and plan to move to Canada a few months from now. Is there any possibility that my mother would be granted a 3-yrs TRV and come with me at the same time? I already have a job waiting for me over there. If she was granted only 6-months visa, I would then have to accompany her back to our origin country after her visa expired which is really very difficult for me. Please help! Thanks!
She may be issued a TRV, but CIC/CBSA determines how long the visitor would be admitted to Canada. It is extremely unlikely that you mother would be admitted to 3 years as a visitor.

PMM