+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying citizenship for my daughter

Maverick2k4

May 28, 2008
Hi All,

My daughter just became a PR in Canada. She is a US citizen born to Canadian mother (My wife couldn't pass the citizenship to her because of change in citizenship law in 2009 )

My understanding is that we can apply for citizenship without waiting for 4 years? She is 5 year old.

Is this true? If Yes Can someone please explain the procedure?

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Yes, your wife can apply for the child's citizenship now.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-how.asp

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Maverick2k4 said:
Hi All,

My daughter just became a PR in Canada. She is a US citizen born to Canadian mother (My wife couldn't pass the citizenship to her because of change in citizenship law in 2009 )

My understanding is that we can apply for citizenship without waiting for 4 years? She is 5 year old.

Is this true? If Yes Can someone please explain the procedure?

Thanks!
Yes, you can apply now. I also became a citizen with the law change of 2009 and couldn't pass on citizenship to my son. My son landed in late June, we finalized our move from the US to Canada in August and I applied for his citizenship in late August. His application has just gone to "in process".

Maverick2k4

May 28, 2008
Thank you for the confirmation!

Just waiting for PR card to arrive. Once I get it, I will submit the application.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Maverick2k4 said:
Thank you for the confirmation!

Just waiting for PR card to arrive. Once I get it, I will submit the application.
There is no need to wait, you can write a letter with the application stating you haven't received the card yet. I did and they accepted it. Our car window was since smashed out (WELCOME TO CANADA, that shite never happened to us in the US, I'm still bitter) and my sons PR card was in my wallet. So now we don't have a PR card to turn in when they request it, just a police report.

Maverick2k4

May 28, 2008
saria1 said:
There is no need to wait, you can write a letter with the application stating you haven't received the card yet. I did and they accepted it. Our car window was since smashed out (WELCOME TO CANADA, that *censored word* never happened to us in the US, I'm still bitter) and my sons PR card was in my wallet. So now we don't have a PR card to turn in when they request it, just a police report.
Thank you for the information. I've started filling the application.