+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying CEC while on Implied Status

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am now on implied status while waiting for my work permit extension, I have just gained 1-year full time working experience in NOC A and would like to apply for CEC in a couple of weeks, and the WP would probably not ready yet.

There is a section on Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) - Current Country of Residence, Status, From..To..., I wonder if I can put "Canada, Worker", if yes what dates I should put? (Strictly speaking my WP has expired) There is no extra space for me to explain the situation. Shall I do it in a separate letter?

Thank you so much!

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
928029 said:
I am now on implied status while waiting for my work permit extension, I have just gained 1-year full time working experience in NOC A and would like to apply for CEC in a couple of weeks, and the WP would probably not ready yet.

There is a section on Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) - Current Country of Residence, Status, From..To..., I wonder if I can put "Canada, Worker", if yes what dates I should put? (Strictly speaking my WP has expired) There is no extra space for me to explain the situation. Shall I do it in a separate letter?

Thank you so much!
you can put the current date in the IMM0008 form and yes, you should explain your situation in the explanation letter.