+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Canadian citizenship in 2023 Feb

Smithlee9019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Dear ALL,
First of all Thank you so much, with me along with my journey Finally I reached the time now, That I need to apply for Canadian citizenship.
I have a question, As a Permanent residence I have completed my 3 years and now going to apply with family and 3 kids.

Shell I apply paper application or online, Second since 2018 January till now I didn't travel or family travel outside of Canada, do I still need police certificate from the previous country which I live 8 years. Last how long now a days its taking to get Citizenship test, AOR, Oath, and ceremony .

PLEASE WRITE YOUR DETAILALED COMMENT THNAKS IN ADVANCE.

Smithlee9019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Method of application : Apply for Canadian citizenship online (cic.gc.ca) As of now only individual applications are allowed to apply online. All family applications are required to be submitted on paper.

You need to provide a police certificate from each country, other than Canada, if you were there
in the past 4 years
for 183 days or more in a row
since the age of 18
Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate.

You don’t need to provide a police certificate if
you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
this time falls within the past 4 years
More info: Guide: Application for Canadian Citizenship: Adults - Subsection 5(1) CIT 0002 - Canada.ca

As of now processing times could be up to 24 months. Time is vary based on the situations on each application. Check processing times - Canada.ca

Thank you so much for sharing your timeline, since its going to be same as mine I am going to apply on 15 Feb 2023, just one more advice from you I have family with three kids shell I apply paper or on-line Thanks.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Click on the first link I shared with you. You can see your ability to apply online. As of today ONLY individual applicants can apply online. If you plan to apply all at the same time as a family your application should be submitted on paper. Check before you apply. When you plan to apply in Feb 2023 there may be more options be available for the families to apply online.
Individuals and adult (18+) family groups can apply online. If your applying with a minor, you need to apply on paper...

Reactions: island755

blazejosh

Jun 14, 2019
Dear ALL,
First of all Thank you so much, with me along with my journey Finally I reached the time now, That I need to apply for Canadian citizenship.
I have a question, As a Permanent residence I have completed my 3 years and now going to apply with family and 3 kids.

Shell I apply paper application or online, Second since 2018 January till now I didn't travel or family travel outside of Canada, do I still need police certificate from the previous country which I live 8 years. Last how long now a days its taking to get Citizenship test, AOR, Oath, and ceremony .

PLEASE WRITE YOUR DETAILALED COMMENT THNAKS IN ADVANCE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the example stated by IRCC for question 10b (citizenship form), you may not be required to provide a police certificate if you submitted one as part of your previous immigration process. (Maybe PR process).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Example 1
You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.