+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying bridge permit

Shree_UK

Sep 7, 2017
Any experts please advise on below, read and know how to submit the bridge permit and know the procedure; however, certain points are not clear to me.

My closed WP (ICT) is expiring on 5th Oct 2018, with family – wife and boy kid. Have requested closed work permit extension with my employer, is in consideration. Hope and confident they will extend

Discussed with lawyer, he suggested to apply for bridge permit and dependents visitor/dependents permits as paper-based application – completed applications has to reach CIC before 1 month of current permit expiry. The idea behind is will get more time as paper-based application will take more time to process than online applications. Secondarily, once my company immigration consultant company submit my closed WP extension I can call CIC to cancel my paper-based bridge. However, on many reasons I prefer my employer to extend and submit closed WP, to be honest money is not the reason.

Considering these, if one knows the concrete info could you please let me know, it would be great and helpful. TIA

1. All my applications until now, closed work permits are online, although there is no rule that one shouldn’t switch to paper-based application, submitting the paper-based bridge permit will have any -ve impact either on my in-progress PR and/or bridge permit?

2. Is there any limit conditions for bridge application like:

· Bridge permit should be applied before 1 month expiry of the current permit

· Bridge permit should be applied until maximum of 3 (or so) months from PR application AOR date?

3. Is there any other consequences I have to think off for bridge or PR, I am not thinking too much on PR application eligibility as I know it is +ve

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Any experts please advise on below, read and know how to submit the bridge permit and know the procedure; however, certain points are not clear to me.

My closed WP (ICT) is expiring on 5th Oct 2018, with family – wife and boy kid. Have requested closed work permit extension with my employer, is in consideration. Hope and confident they will extend

Discussed with lawyer, he suggested to apply for bridge permit and dependents visitor/dependents permits as paper-based application – completed applications has to reach CIC before 1 month of current permit expiry. The idea behind is will get more time as paper-based application will take more time to process than online applications. Secondarily, once my company immigration consultant company submit my closed WP extension I can call CIC to cancel my paper-based bridge. However, on many reasons I prefer my employer to extend and submit closed WP, to be honest money is not the reason.

Considering these, if one knows the concrete info could you please let me know, it would be great and helpful. TIA

1. All my applications until now, closed work permits are online, although there is no rule that one shouldn’t switch to paper-based application, submitting the paper-based bridge permit will have any -ve impact either on my in-progress PR and/or bridge permit?

2. Is there any limit conditions for bridge application like:

· Bridge permit should be applied before 1 month expiry of the current permit

· Bridge permit should be applied until maximum of 3 (or so) months from PR application AOR date?

3. Is there any other consequences I have to think off for bridge or PR, I am not thinking too much on PR application eligibility as I know it is +ve
Do you have AOR?

Shree_UK

Sep 7, 2017
Do you have AOR?
Yes, here are my timelines

Application in-progress, MED/IP2 28th June 18. AOR :13th June 18. CEC inland applied with Job offer 50 points and submitted doc. Haven’t called CIC or not requested for GC notes as yet. Thinking allready requested my employer to extend through closed work permit, I may have to wait until 20th Sept 2018.
Let me know