+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying as skilled worker - if I get job offer, can I switch to prov nominee?

jenni_usa

Jun 23, 2009
I want to start the application process but am wondering if it is faster to get a job first and go through the provincial nominee program or just do the skilled worker application instead just to get it started. If I apply as a skilled worker and get a job offer, can I switch over to the provinical nominee program? I am a US ctizen.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
YES you will send a new application for nomination and shall withdraw your federal

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Yes you can..but it is not easy to get a job offer if you are not resident and specially if you are not in Canada.

Akk

jenni_usa said:
I want to start the application process but am wondering if it is faster to get a job first and go through the provincial nominee program or just do the skilled worker application instead just to get it started. If I apply as a skilled worker and get a job offer, can I switch over to the provinical nominee program? I am a US ctizen.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
rascojenkins said:
loukyapetru said:
jenni_usa,

If u r a US citizen then no need to have PR from canada... u can go anytime
Going anytime does not give him the right to work in Canada.
Also there is a restriction on the number of days one can live in Canada when just crossing borders.

hemant.pandya

Jul 25, 2009
Dear Friend,

I will be applying under FSW 1, but wondering if i can get a job offer. And if i get the offer i want to switch to Provincial Nominee. I need help in getting a job offer or ways i can get one.

PLease help.

Best Regards,

Hemant

akk

Sep 2, 2008
>I need help in getting a job offer or ways i can get one.
>PLease help.

You and everybody else in this forum...

Akk

hemant.pandya said:
Dear Friend,

I will be applying under FSW 1, but wondering if i can get a job offer. And if i get the offer i want to switch to Provincial Nominee. I need help in getting a job offer or ways i can get one.

PLease help.

Best Regards,

Hemant