+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying as Govt. Employee

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am a Govt. employee and intend to apply for Canada PR. I want to make my spouse Principal Applicant. Do I have to inform my office in advance so that I may not face any problem later on? In my Passport my occupation is written - Govt. Service. The CHC people say that on getting PR visa we should not immediately leave our jobs, but go to Canada by taking leave and assess the situation there for our settlement. I have contacted our admn. section and they told me that they will not give permission to apply for Canada PR Visa while I am in service. Please advise me what should I do? Should I inform my office or not? Can I apply for Canada Immigration while still being in service and when I should resign from Govt. service?

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
even our employer also doesn't allow us to apply for PR visa .But all of my colleagues have applied and some of them have successfully settled down there in Canada.Others who were not successful they left there family in Canada and came back to India and joined the same job.So when you need a leave tell your employer that you are going to UK/USA as visitor(I will do like this ) and they will grant me 6 months leave.i guess 6 months are more than sufficient to determine that can you survive in canada or not !!

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
charninder said:
Hi,

I am a Govt. employee and intend to apply for Canada PR. I want to make my spouse Principal Applicant. Do I have to inform my office in advance so that I may not face any problem later on? In my Passport my occupation is written - Govt. Service. The CHC people say that on getting PR visa we Thanks in advance for your time and advice.
One of our relative were XEN in Rajashatn Irrigation Deptt. at Bikaner (he was on verge of retirement when he left for CANADA)
He got PR , Went to Canada on leave, joined some job there. Before Retirement he came back to India. But he never informed about his CAnadian PR. As a result his Indian Retirement benefits were seized... Moreover he was charged with gross negligence on duties.

My Advice: Apply for PR, When you get visa.. apply for leaves on the pretext that you have attend some marriage or some function at Canada, Assess situation there. Come back then resign, pls ensure that your PF, Leave encashment or gratuity should remain intact.

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
accounts said:
One of our relative were XEN in Rajashatn Irrigation Deptt. at Bikaner (he was on verge of retirement when he left for CANADA)
He got PR , Went to Canada on leave, joined some job there. Before Retirement he came back to India. But he never informed about his CAnadian PR. As a result his Indian Retirement benefits were seized... Moreover he was charged with gross negligence on duties.

My Advice: Apply for PR, When you get visa.. apply for leaves on the pretext that you have attend some marriage or some function at Canada, Assess situation there. Come back then resign, pls ensure that your PF, Leave encashment or gratuity should remain intact.
I agree here but its like our employer asks for the photocopy for visa and if it is visitor visa then it is okay but if it is immigrant visa then they will consider it as a fraud so i advise you to be careful.

If your employer doesn't ask for photocopy then i guess the advice give by 'accounts' is best

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

Thanks for your replies. I really appreciate your comments.

For Navy, if you have not informed your employer then how could you prove your experience and further verification etc. And is the PR Visa different from the Visitor Visa? I think the point raised by 'accounts' is also important. It means, I can apply on my own, when I get PR Visa, I should apply for 6 months leave and within this period decide whatever is beneficial for me.

Thanks.

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
charninder said:
Hi friends,

Thanks for your replies. I really appreciate your comments.

For Navy, if you have not informed your employer then how could you prove your experience and further verification etc. And is the PR Visa different from the Visitor Visa? I think the point raised by 'accounts' is also important. It means, I can apply on my own, when I get PR Visa, I should apply for 6 months leave and within this period decide whatever is beneficial for me.

Thanks.
I never told my employer that i am applying for PR visa and yes PR visa is Permanent residence visa (that is also known as settlement visa) whereas visitor visa is for 6 months .visitor visa will ensure your employer that you will return back

I will get exp certificate and will make some excuse for it.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naavy100 thanks again,

You may be right in applying for PR visa without informing your employer, but in case of verification from employer by CHC, will there be any problem?

Thanks.

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
charninder said:
Naavy100 thanks again,

You may be right in applying for PR visa without informing your employer, but in case of verification from employer by CHC, will there be any problem?

Thanks.

Let me clear the clouds....

After u get IA from Nova scotia u get 120 days to submit
-IELTS
-PCC
-Proof of Funds
-Reference Letters from your employers (Past or Presnt)

I think in this discussion thread IELTS, PCC, Proof of Funds is assumed to be ok...

Now question arise for reference letter from your PAst & present Employers.
If u check my & other guys' posts.

For Emplyment,,, pls keep below things handy
- Appointment Letter, Payslips, Increment Letters, Promotion Letters, Transfer letters, Any thing or certificate of Aparaisal, any extar curricular activities undertaken at employment (like Blood donation, Adult Education programs, participation in Rural Devp Programs, Participation on some Seminaars, Trainings Etc)etc etc.....

Try to maintain good relations with all your previous employers, so that Reference letters can arranged on their Letter HEads with proper Seal & Stamp alongwith the Visiting cards of Employers or Bosses etc.....

In case you cannot arrange the JDs on the Letterheads, Simply make a Affidavit on RS 20 duly notorised that I.......s/o.......r/o......working with..........since.

My Key Responsibilities are as under:

As per Co policy HR cannot provide the detailed Job duties etc etc.... (Write whatever u feel in Affidavit).

Got it stamped from Notary, a special stamp for Embassy & Foreign Missions is there with the Notary, pls do not forget to put that stamp on all docs which are requied to be notorised.

Reactions: JASPER2601

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi accounts,

thanks for clarifying my doubts in detail. It is clear now.

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
accounts said:
Let me clear the clouds....

After u get IA from Nova scotia u get 120 days to submit
-IELTS
-PCC
-Proof of Funds
-Reference Letters from your employers (Past or Presnt)

I think in this discussion thread IELTS, PCC, Proof of Funds is assumed to be ok...

Now question arise for reference letter from your PAst & present Employers.
If u check my & other guys' posts.

For Emplyment,,, pls keep below things handy
- Appointment Letter, Payslips, Increment Letters, Promotion Letters, Transfer letters, Any thing or certificate of Aparaisal, any extar curricular activities undertaken at employment (like Blood donation, Adult Education programs, participation in Rural Devp Programs, Participation on some Seminaars, Trainings Etc)etc etc.....

Try to maintain good relations with all your previous employers, so that Reference letters can arranged on their Letter HEads with proper Seal & Stamp alongwith the Visiting cards of Employers or Bosses etc.....

In case you cannot arrange the JDs on the Letterheads, Simply make a Affidavit on RS 20 duly notorised that I.......s/o.......r/o......working with..........since.

My Key Responsibilities are as under:

As per Co policy HR cannot provide the detailed Job duties etc etc.... (Write whatever u feel in Affidavit).

Got it stamped from Notary, a special stamp for Embassy & Foreign Missions is there with the Notary, pls do not forget to put that stamp on all docs which are requied to be notorised.
omg this is what i was looking for

i really appreciate

will affidavit work?

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
Naavy100 said:
omg this is what i was looking for

i really appreciate

will affidavit work?
Yaaar meri ratings kaun ghat karda hai..... Paaji tussi ta nahi keeete

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
yaar main ta sago vadunda haa

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
Naavy100 said:
yaar main ta sago vadunda haa
Just Kidding.... ??? :-\

Rickshawala

Jan 14, 2009
As a govt servant dont u need a GO(government order ) to leave country? And if there r differences between GO and type of VISA will be there any problem at the immigration section of airport?

i am having the same problem...pls share ...