+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying alone

Fallon

Dec 26, 2017
I'm married and spouse is here in Canada with me. We're on wrk permit after I finished studying. Can I apply alone and then sponsor spouse. Spouse has a 10 year Visa.

Koushal Patel

Jan 11, 2019
Spousal sponsorship is comparatively very long process. Try to fit in your wife as Co-App, if challenges can be fixed now. Otherwise, if you are stuck due to a problem you can not fix, you can choose to apply alone. Please weigh in all possibilities.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
To apply alone you have to declare your wife and state she will be non-accompanying.

What immigration officer will believe your spouse is non-accompanying when she lives with you i Canada?

Last edited:

Fallon

Dec 26, 2017
We considered letting spouse go back home and travel on Visa to visit as my spouse don't have education, will be difficult to pass Ielts and not young.over 40yrs....all odds

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I understand, but i'm just telling what other people in your situation have faced in the same situation. I think it's very difficult for an immigration officer to accept that, and they have said as much when other people have applied under the same circumstances.

I also know that there are people who have put their spouse as non-accompanying, and then written in their letter of explanation that they did so because putting them as accompanying would result in them not having enough points to apply. There were many people who did this and IRCC accepted that reasoning. However, there could be a crackdown on that at any time and you would need to be prepared for that.

But it could be your best bet.

Fallon

Dec 26, 2017
I understand, but i'm just telling what other people in your situation have faced in the same situation. I think it's very difficult for an immigration officer to accept that, and they have said as much when other people have applied under the same circumstances.

I also know that there are people who have put their spouse as non-accompanying, and then written in their letter of explanation that they did so because putting them as accompanying would result in them not having enough points to apply. There were many people who did this and IRCC accepted that reasoning. However, there could be a crackdown on that at any time and you would need to be prepared for that.

But it could be your best bet.
Thanks a lot for your response.