+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Alberta PNP from Ontario

chiromei

Jan 21, 2024
Hello everyone, I've been working in Ontario for 2 years now but I'm thinking of moving to Alberta to get the nomination, since my NOC is in tech pathway I have a couple of questions:
1. I don't have a job offer in Alberta now, I'm planning to change my EE profile to Alberta to express interest in Alberta General Express Entry Stream but I don't have any family connections there, is there any chance that I can get selected?
2. When I have job offer, I will apply to the accelerated tech pathway, but currently I try to find job in Alberta from Ontario before moving there. How is the tech market in Calgary? Is there anyone who had luck finding a job when you're not there yet? I'm a web developer.
3. In tech pathway eligibility they state that the employer must be Alberta-based. Does that mean the company only need to have an office in Alberta even if they're founded in another province or even in another country?

KPR1

Feb 19, 2021
Hello everyone, I've been working in Ontario for 2 years now but I'm thinking of moving to Alberta to get the nomination, since my NOC is in tech pathway I have a couple of questions:
1. I don't have a job offer in Alberta now, I'm planning to change my EE profile to Alberta to express interest in Alberta General Express Entry Stream but I don't have any family connections there, is there any chance that I can get selected?
2. When I have job offer, I will apply to the accelerated tech pathway, but currently I try to find job in Alberta from Ontario before moving there. How is the tech market in Calgary? Is there anyone who had luck finding a job when you're not there yet? I'm a web developer.
3. In tech pathway eligibility they state that the employer must be Alberta-based. Does that mean the company only need to have an office in Alberta even if they're founded in another province or even in another country?
Did you find out answers of your questions? I am in a same boat.