+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply without PCC (India)?

kulpsing

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Hi all,

I got my ITA to apply on 21st Feb'18 and my last date to apply is 23rd May'18.

I managed to arrange all of my documents, except the PCC which is pending as its a lengthy process in India.
I have an acknowledgment slip from them but it may take another 15 days to get the PCC itself.

Since I do not have time to wait can I go ahead and apply without PCC and upload my acknowledgment slip for now and then later upload the PCC once I get it?

Will my application be considered or is there a different process?

Please advise.

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
Hi all,

I managed to arrange all of my documents, except the PCC which is pending as its a lengthy process in India.
I have an acknowledgment slip from them but it may take another 15 days to get the PCC itself.

Since I do not have time to wait can I go ahead and apply without PCC and upload my acknowledgment slip for now and then later upload the PCC once I get it?

Please advise.
since PCC is delaying, please follow this steps ..
______
If you can’t get a police certificate in time
You have 90 days to submit your police certificates. If you don’t have your documents by the deadline, you have two options:

Option 1: Decline your invitation to apply
Your profile will go back in the pool. Depending on your score, you may be invited to apply again.

Option 2: Prove that you applied for the police certificate
In very rare cases, we may accept a letter of explanation and proof that shows you made your best effort to get a police certificate on time.

You can upload this in the “Police Certificate” section of your document checklist. Examples of proof include the following:

• a confirmation receipt
  • a payment receipt
  • a delivery notice
  • a tracking number
If an officer reviews your application and is not satisfied that you made your best effort, your application will probably be refused for being incomplete.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi all,

Please advise.
You have to wait till the last day, to prove that you did everything to get your PCC. Because, CIC considers Indian PCC to be obtainable within the time frame. If you don't get it by then, you apply with explaining in an LOE that you tried all means to get a PCC. Also, I don't know why India treats NRI differently from the citizens. I got my PCC in 3 days by applying in the High Commission of India in Singapore.

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Hi all,

Please advise.
Where are you getting PCC from? Here in Delhi through PSK it is one day job (if everything goes well).

kulpsing

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Where are you getting PCC from? Here in Delhi through PSK it is one day job (if everything goes well).
I agree, but my permanent address (on passport) is different than the current address.
And my current address is only 6 months old, that is the reason it is taking so long.

Thanks!

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I agree, but my permanent address (on passport) is different than the current address.
And my current address is only 6 months old, that is the reason it is taking so long.

Thanks!
you should have lead with this, which means cops have submitted an adverse report. Contact your local police station ASAP.

mk11s

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
What about the police physical verification at the given address ?I know one person who has applied for PCC and haven't got PCC due to police verification not done for more than 2 weeks.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi all,

Please advise.
I have never heard of them giving an extension for Indian PCC as it is fairly easy to get. So try to get your PCC by the ITA expiration date.

Ifillcavities

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
05-04-2019
You just have to visit the police station where your verification is to be done and bribe those buggers, and you should be fine....
Hello , i wanted to know about PCC I have applied for it through PSK they have given me appointment for 6th June . How long will take for them to issue the PCC and secondly ,I had a word with the local police station incharge he said just let me know will expedite the process from SSP office . I wanted to be on safer side and wanted it fast so applied from both channels.
Secondly, my spouse passport has her parents address on it .So does she need a PCC from her parents place or the current city where she is residing after marriage .

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hello , i wanted to know about PCC I have applied for it through PSK they have given me appointment for 6th June . How long will take for them to issue the PCC and secondly ,I had a word with the local police station incharge he said just let me know will expedite the process from SSP office . I wanted to be on safer side and wanted it fast so applied from both channels.
Secondly, my spouse passport has her parents address on it .So does she need a PCC from her parents place or the current city where she is residing after marriage .
1. If you have your current address in the passport, then you will get your PCC in a day.
2. Your wife has to get for her current residential address. Since it is different in her passport, it might take close to a month to get her PCC. This is the normal timeline.

Reactions: kulpsing