+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply without a consultant

jamesbondktm

Jun 27, 2010
I am planning to file for the canadian migration independly without a consultant. Can Any one guide me with the step by step procedure according to the new law.

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Hello there,

Please visit this thread for info on post June 26 applications :) We are all here to help each other out 8)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t49421.0.html;topicseen

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
make cic.gc.ca your bible
visit muchmormagazine.com/
Believe me you will save a lot without using your consultants. Consultants cost as much as 3000 USD.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
nitroxn said:
make cic.gc.ca your bible
visit http://www.muchmormagazine.com/
Believe me you will save a lot without using your consultants. Consultants cost as much as 3000 USD.
Yeah you save a lot but you risk a lot too.The consultant you make use of is also a factor at the visa office.The visa office process documents all of the time and when they notice that a particular consultant's applicants are usually having a smoth process they overlook so many things at the visa office cos the name of the consultant would be included in your form that is what many people fail to understand.Especially at this time you cannot afford to miss out any detail in your form.There is no mercy at this time any mistake and your file is back to you.A consultant would properly scrutinize the file and adjust your responsibility such that it fits in to what they are looking for.I filled my file orginally before sending over to the consultant by the time he had gone through it and sent it back to me to check if there are any errors i saw he adjusted my responsibilities and changed the title such that it soots what the VO are looking for.

agoldenapple

Apr 28, 2010
The CONSULTANTS are bunch of CRAPS....all of them. So, I strongly suggest you not to apply through consultant or else you'd regret.
Best of luck.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Yeah you save a lot but you risk a lot too.The consultant you make use of is also a factor at the visa office.The visa office process documents all of the time and when they notice that a particular consultant's applicants are usually having a smoth process they overlook so many things at the visa office cos the name of the consultant would be included in your form that is what many people fail to understand.Especially at this time you cannot afford to miss out any detail in your form.There is no mercy at this time any mistake and your file is back to you.A consultant would properly scrutinize the file and adjust your responsibility such that it fits in to what they are looking for.I filled my file orginally before sending over to the consultant by the time he had gone through it and sent it back to me to check if there are any errors i saw he adjusted my responsibilities and changed the title such that it soots what the VO are looking for.
Well said brother Awoderu...but the difference betwen you and the consultant is zero. If one can sit down and read and digest the simple instruction on CIC, you are thru to go.

Of course we have seen the good,bad and ugly of so called consultants, keep in mind that you are not seeing them one-on-one.
Come to think of it, if the consultant adjust your records to suit the VO requirement, would he laso supply you documents to back up the claims when submitting to your visa office?

We should always try and be as truthful as possible so that we can always get docs to back up claims.

However, this is not to discourage the minds of any busy executives from using a representative, infact if you are like me, who works 8am to 8pm please hire a consultant. Becos you may not have the time and patience to read and digest the requirement and most especially when submitting documents, tendency is high to forget document.

Shalom.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Awoderu A.A said:

I think that, if you are cooking food and you ask another person to put in the salt the person might put too much salt, this is because he can not see directly inside the pot very well, like you who started preparing the meal.

When you do it yourself, you will know exactly what documents to include.

With the help of this forum all will go smoothly. Everyone here is helpful to one another.

In my opinion no consultant.

Canadaforall.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Awoderu A.A said:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dear-qorax-and-maatiescan-i-drop-consultant-at-this-sta

This link might help you. Many people want to drop the consultants. So check it out.

Canadaforall.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
As for me i have never had cause to regret using a consultant.Two of my siblings have gone through the same process(using a consultant) and are both successful.You experience problems when you are not using an experienced consultant.You do not start cooking the food alone you both start cooking it together(consultant and yourself),before sending it over to the CIO he sends those documents over to you and asks you if you have all the required documents before proceeding besides he would have cross examined you before he picks up the case to be your consultant.So i strongly recommend using a consultant they know the pros and cons of the Immigration process

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Comrade,
You may or may need the services of a consultant. Using their services does not speed of give you an advantage.
I am willing to give you my services. I have employed the services of THREE CONSULTANT since 2001.I know what they can and cannot do.
As some one has suggested, let CIC. GC.CA be your guide BUT TRULY SPEAKING IT IS MORE THAN CIC.GC.CA
Wishing you the best

ahorse

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A lot of applicants here applied by themselves. read / study carefully on CIC website for procedures, documents, etc.
Any problem can come to this very helpful forum.

Good luck!

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
Not at this critical time when documents are be scrutinized properly and intolerable of any mistakes.If you have not got the money and have got the time you can apply your self.But personally i would recommend using an experienced consultant