+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply with spouse or without spouse?

nasirsahab

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Dear Seniors,

I am married but my wife is illiterate. so i cannot get any point for spouse. my question is, Can i apply 'Without Spouse" category so that i could get more points. secondly, if i get immigration, can i take my family with me?.

please help.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Encourage your wife to learn to read.

THE SUPER KING

Oct 5, 2012
HYDERABAD INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nasirsahab said:
Dear Seniors,

I am married but my wife is illiterate. so i cannot get any point for spouse. my question is, Can i apply 'Without Spouse" category so that i could get more points. secondly, if i get immigration, can i take my family with me?.

please help.
My opinion is you must have to include your wife with your application, there is no such condition for litarate or illiterate.

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
I believe there's an option where you mention that you're married but you specify that your spouse is not accompanying you, you will get in that case extra points.

This option is a tough one because that means you will live sometime in Canada alone before you can reunite with your family again.

manojsr

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is an option to specify that you are married and select accompanying spouse "No". That would come with better score (may be 10-15 points plus based on you age, language score, qualification and experience). But, family sponsorship takes a long time.. sometimes years so it may be difficult to bring your family later.

Somewhere I read about Open Work Permit which can be applied for family member of a person who has been granted PR but I am not very sure how it workst. So, if that is the case you might consider researching on Open Work Permit option for family member -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17

"
1. You are already working in Canada and your application for permanent residence has been approved under one of the following :
Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class
Live-in Caregiver Program
Federal Skilled Worker Program
Canadian Experience Class
Provincial Nominee Program
Federal Skilled Trades Program
humanitarian and compassionate grounds

You may also be eligible if you are a family member of someone whose application for permanent residence has been approved under one of the above

"