+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply where?? & Letter of Reference from Employer

nikhil2207

Jul 11, 2010
Hi all,
Question1: I have completed 2-years of work experience in canada in Jan-2010 and returned back to india due to personal constrainsts. Now I wish to apply for immigration & I have a friend in canada who is ready to my representative for my CEC application. Can I make my application thru him within Canada or since I am currently in India, will I need to apply from here??

Question2: I work for a company having offices in canada & India (Employed by india office and currently based here) and came to canada on an intra-company transfer. hence due to conflict of interest my company office in canada will not issue my the letter of reference. But I do have copies of letters of invitation (resquest to consulate for Visa & workpermit issue) and work permit extentions based on which I got my work permits and visa and eventually completed 2-years on project. Can I make this case to the visa officer and get an exempt on the requirement of originals letter of reference in my CEC application. Do i take a risk and apply!!! Any work arounds.

Please advise. Thanks