+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply under CEC or FSW?

Smys

Jan 26, 2021
Hello guys, I need some help regading my situation. This is purely hypothetical, I haven't done it yet and I need some advice.

I studied college in Canada, I'm going to complete 1 year working experience in Canada soon. But looking at my score, I might not have enough points to apply for CEC. So I'm planning to go back to my country, work there for 1 year. The main reason I want to go back is actually because of my family, if not because of it, I would be staying in Canada to complete the 2nd year working experience.

My question is after that one year working in my country, do I still apply under CEC from my homecountry, since I have 1 year experience working in Canada? Or would I have to apply under FSW stream because my most recent job is out of Canada?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello guys, I need some help regading my situation. This is purely hypothetical, I haven't done it yet and I need some advice.

I studied college in Canada, I'm going to complete 1 year working experience in Canada soon. But looking at my score, I might not have enough points to apply for CEC. So I'm planning to go back to my country, work there for 1 year. The main reason I want to go back is actually because of my family, if not because of it, I would be staying in Canada to complete the 2nd year working experience.

My question is after that one year working in my country, do I still apply under CEC from my homecountry, since I have 1 year experience working in Canada? Or would I have to apply under FSW stream because my most recent job is out of Canada?
It is not your choice. It's the system that assigns you a category based on your responses when completing the profile.

As long as you have at least 12 months of Canadian experience within the past 36 months, you will qualify for CEC.

Reactions: Smys