+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply TRV within Canada and get stamping in India

ArbazSalim

Apr 19, 2021
Hello everyone.
I have applied for a TRV from within Canada on Oct 12. I am an International Student and have a valid study permit.
I am flying to the middle east (Qatar) due to some family emergency on November 2. Is it possible for me to hand over my passport abroad for stamping once I get PPR? Can someone guide me through the steps and process? I am really worried rn.
Any help will be appreciated. Thank You.

upendrapatike

Oct 27, 2022
Hello all,

i need a help from you. I am on post graduation work permit in canada. I applied for trv on oct 18. I am planning to go india on nov 14. I guess by that time i will get my ppr. But can i get it stamped in india. If so, what i want to do? If i want to intimate this thing can you please send me a link or mail id where i can mail them. Thank you in advance. Please reply as soon as possible

arseniy.pnf

Aug 6, 2021
I applied for TRV from within Canada and got it stamped into my passport in Turkey recently. Read my post here for more details.

One advice: write an email to VFS in your destination country and ask if they'd be able to stamp the visa. Also ask how long it's gonna take. They usually reply pretty quick (1-2 days max). I asked VFS Turkey and they told me it will take 2-4 weeks, but it took less than two weeks in the end. Plan in advance!

Noor45

Jul 19, 2016
Hi, can somebody please help
Me. My brother is stuck in india. He went to india due to some emergency but forgott to get visa stamped on pp. his status is workpermit holder in canada.
now , he has applied for stamping in india filled a file but no idea how long does it take ?
Any same situation?? Anybody faced please let me know.

Jan 19, 2023
Can someone share email adress for CPC- Ottawa please? And what to mention in email to request getting passport stamped from India?

RathoreA

Feb 13, 2020
Hello all,

i need a help from you. I am on post graduation work permit in canada. I applied for trv on oct 18. I am planning to go india on nov 14. I guess by that time i will get my ppr. But can i get it stamped in india. If so, what i want to do? If i want to intimate this thing can you please send me a link or mail id where i can mail them. Thank you in advance. Please reply as soon as possible
Hello all,

Hi did you apply from india or from Canada ? Can you share your timeline as well??

Ammy01995

Feb 1, 2023
Hello everyone,
If anyone(who got their passport stamped in India) is seeing this thread, please reply. Actually I am in similar situation right now, I got a flight on. 21st of feb and applied for my trv on 15th of January. I haven’t got any approval from CIC yet, but I want to submit my passport in India as I will not be having enough time to get my passport back if I submit my passport in Canada. I just wanted to know that if any of you guys gave biometrics in India before the passport submission and if yes how long it takes to get an appointment for biometric in India and after biometric how long will it take to get my passport back.
Thank you
Awaiting for the reply.

Divi03

Jan 16, 2023
Hello everyone,
If anyone(who got their passport stamped in India) is seeing this thread, please reply. Actually I am in similar situation right now, I got a flight on. 21st of feb and applied for my trv on 15th of January. I haven’t got any approval from CIC yet, but I want to submit my passport in India as I will not be having enough time to get my passport back if I submit my passport in Canada. I just wanted to know that if any of you guys gave biometrics in India before the passport submission and if yes how long it takes to get an appointment for biometric in India and after biometric how long will it take to get my passport back.
Thank you
Awaiting for the reply.

plutosre

May 30, 2019
Hello everyone,
Thank you
Awaiting for the reply.
Yes there is no problem in giving biometrics in India or submission of passport in India.

i did the same when I renewed my Study Permit in 2019. I applied in Canada for extension and got my TRV stamped in India as I had to fly asap.

Ammy01995

Feb 1, 2023
UPDATE
I came to India on 23rd of Feb, booked appointment and got the date for 24th of Feb at VFS Jalandhar. I booked it myself, you need not give money to any agent. I just went on the appointment time and they asked me about the biometrics, so I told them that my application was approved in Canada and they didn’t ask me for biometrics and they were happy to help me. I raised so webforms, but there was not reply from IRCC and I didn’t inform VFS about this through the mail. I just told them verbally on the time of my appointment. Final conclusion, you can get your passport stamped in India if you were approved in Canada and if you do not have your biometrics.
Hope this helps
Good day

Harsh56645

Feb 19, 2023
UPDATE
I came to India on 23rd of Feb, booked appointment and got the date for 24th of Feb at VFS Jalandhar. I booked it myself, you need not give money to any agent. I just went on the appointment time and they asked me about the biometrics, so I told them that my application was approved in Canada and they didn’t ask me for biometrics and they were happy to help me. I raised so webforms, but there was not reply from IRCC and I didn’t inform VFS about this through the mail. I just told them verbally on the time of my appointment. Final conclusion, you can get your passport stamped in India if you were approved in Canada and if you do not have your biometrics.
Hope this helps
Good day
Hi
Have you got your passport?

I am in Same situation got trv in canada and submitted passport at vfs jalandhar yesterday.
How much time it will take to process