App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
Hey I am in a dire situation and need help. This thread is the only information I could find on this subject. I have applied for trv on Jan 7 and I need to leave for India in a couple of weeks. Can I get my passport stamped from Ahmedabad or any other place in India? Is it even a thing? Or do I need to apply for it again as I specifically applied this time and selected"within canada"! Would that cause a problem? What are my options here? Please let me know if anyone has faced a similar situation recently. Thanks!

Yes you can but you need to wait for the passport request letter. Once you get that you can fly and get it stamped in India.

rdesai90

Jun 26, 2020
Hey I am in a dire situation and need help. This thread is the only information I could find on this subject. I have applied for trv on Jan 7 and I need to leave for India in a couple of weeks. Can I get my passport stamped from Ahmedabad or any other place in India? Is it even a thing? Or do I need to apply for it again as I specifically applied this time and selected"within canada"! Would that cause a problem? What are my options here? Please let me know if anyone has faced a similar situation recently. Thanks!
Hi @Thakur77 ,
You cannot come back without a TRV. If the TRV applied within Canada is approved you can get your passport stamped with the passport request letter once your application is approved.
Please consider the timeline of your application approval along with the passport stamping timeline and then plan your trip. There are few locations like Delhi which are accepting 2-way courier request for passport stamping. You can check for the details on the VFS website.

Thakur77

Jan 23, 2021
@rdesai90 Thanks for your reply. My only doubt is, would I be allowed to submit my passport for stamping in India if I initiated the visa process in Canada and got the passport request from here? Would that make any difference or they would process the same? Thanks.

rdesai90

Jun 26, 2020
@rdesai90 Thanks for your reply. My only doubt is, would I be allowed to submit my passport for stamping in India if I initiated the visa process in Canada and got the passport request from here? Would that make any difference or they would process the same? Thanks.
You can get your passport stamped in India as long as you have the passport request letter issued for your TRV application.

winnipeg2013

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
My visitor record extension application is still pending with IRCC, can we apply for TRV? MY trv extension expires on March 31, how far advance I can apply for new one?

isandhu

Jan 26, 2021
Hi everyone. I read the whole thread. A lot of you people got your visa stamped from the VFS.
So I applied for my visa today and i am flying to India next week. Would i be able to get it stamped in India when i get my approval from CIC canada.
Whats the process ? Does anybody know of it ?

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
I had a word with cic agent over the call. She said we cannot stamp our passport outside canada.
I dint ask for any approval when i got my passport stamped in India.

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
Hi everyone. I read the whole thread. A lot of you people got your visa stamped from the VFS.
So I applied for my visa today and i am flying to India next week. Would i be able to get it stamped in India when i get my approval from CIC canada.
Whats the process ? Does anybody know of it ?

You have to wait until you get the request and only then fly. That's what I did.

Rashmeet Kaur

Feb 1, 2021
Hey,
I submitted my application for TRV stamp in Canada and I’m waiting for the passport request. It more than a month I did not got any response but I need to travel to India urgently. Can I get TRV stamp there as I submitted my application in Canada or I need to fill out the application again in India. Can anyone help me out with this. Please it’s urgent.

Ash2511

Feb 4, 2021
Hey,
I submitted my application for TRV stamp in Canada and I’m waiting for the passport request. It more than a month I did not got any response but I need to travel to India urgently. Can I get TRV stamp there as I submitted my application in Canada or I need to fill out the application again in India. Can anyone help me out with this. Please it’s urgent.
Yes, you can leave and if passport request is approved you can get your stamping done in India.