+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply TRV while waiting for sponsorship result:

TinCort

Oct 29, 2020
My gf (sponsor) submitted a sponsorship for me for PR Dec. 2018 until now we heard nothing from IRCC (I understand with the pandemic delayed is expected). I am planning to apply for TRV while waiting for the result of the sponsorship I think I fall on the category of Extended Family Members under exclusive dating relationship. My question is if I proceed with my plan, what are my chances of getting approve? Aside from visiting my gf, her father whom I have strong ties relationship has stage 4 cancer, I want to be there to support my gf emotionally and physically like driving her dad between doctor/chemo. appointments and run some errands for the house. My gf and her parents are willing to shoulder all my expenses and accommodation, I am not working at the moment but I have business partnership with my cousin to open up another branch of his bakery in Manila can I make this as a reason to come back to the Philippines? I have documents of our agreement for partnership sealed and notarized.

Thank you

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My gf (sponsor) submitted a sponsorship for me for PR Dec. 2018 until now we heard nothing from IRCC (I understand with the pandemic delayed is expected). I am planning to apply for TRV while waiting for the result of the sponsorship I think I fall on the category of Extended Family Members under exclusive dating relationship. My question is if I proceed with my plan, what are my chances of getting approve? Aside from visiting my gf, her father whom I have strong ties relationship has stage 4 cancer, I want to be there to support my gf emotionally and physically like driving her dad between doctor/chemo. appointments and run some errands for the house. My gf and her parents are willing to shoulder all my expenses and accommodation, I am not working at the moment but I have business partnership with my cousin to open up another branch of his bakery in Manila can I make this as a reason to come back to the Philippines? I have documents of our agreement for partnership sealed and notarized.

Thank you
It's unfortunately not possible for any of us to tell you what your chances are of being approved. It's generally more difficult to get a TRV approved if you are being sponsored for PR by your partner. You will want to focus on showing ties to your home country. I don't think it's a good idea to mention your girlfriend's father. This shows strong ties to Canada. You want to focus on strong ties to your home country. It would be better if you were employed by a company. However since you aren't, show the partnership agreement papers and also show proof of business income and also salary payments to you. Also show proof of property ownership if you can. In terms of covering expenses, it will be much better if you can show that you have the funds yourself to pay for your trip to Canada and don't have to rely on your gf and her parents. Do not mention running errands for your gf - IRCC may classify this as working even though you're not being paid.

Reactions: TinCort

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you
Assume you are also common law and have proof that you have lived together for 1 continuous year.

TinCort

Oct 29, 2020
It's unfortunately not possible for any of us to tell you what your chances are of being approved. It's generally more difficult to get a TRV approved if you are being sponsored for PR by your partner. You will want to focus on showing ties to your home country. I don't think it's a good idea to mention your girlfriend's father. This shows strong ties to Canada. You want to focus on strong ties to your home country. It would be better if you were employed by a company. However since you aren't, show the partnership agreement papers and also show proof of business income and also salary payments to you. Also show proof of property ownership if you can. In terms of covering expenses, it will be much better if you can show that you have the funds yourself to pay for your trip to Canada and don't have to rely on your gf and her parents. Do not mention running errands for your gf - IRCC may classify this as working even though you're not being paid.
Thank you @scylla your advices are noted.

TinCort

Oct 29, 2020
What is the immigration barrier? Have you already been denied a TRV?
I am separated from first marriage and she was married in the phils. but divorce in canada we can't live together in the phils. because divorce is not allowed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
We got TRV approved even with Spousal sponsorship in progress. It's good to give it a try as spouse visas are taking more time now...Few suggestions from our applications:

- Include sponsorship approval document if available.
- Prove strong ties to your home country - if you have house in you name, business partnership docs, other income, family members dependant on you in your home country. Better create a detailed LOE with all these details.
- Always keep the period of stay for more than 2 weeks because now they have 14 days quarantine in canada
- Keep a hotel booking in canada for 14 days showing that you are ready to quarantine.
- You can specify that your presence will be a strength to your gf and her family during this difficult time.. but dont mention about doing physical work for them.
- Show fund for your ticket and stay by yourselves and also mention that your gf will be able to support you if needed.
- Keep a detailed LOE with your trip plans like places you will be visiting and your stay..

hope it helps!!

TinCort

Oct 29, 2020
We got TRV approved even with Spousal sponsorship in progress. It's good to give it a try as spouse visas are taking more time now...Few suggestions from our applications:

- Include sponsorship approval document if available.
- Prove strong ties to your home country - if you have house in you name, business partnership docs, other income, family members dependant on you in your home country. Better create a detailed LOE with all these details.
- Always keep the period of stay for more than 2 weeks because now they have 14 days quarantine in canada
- Keep a hotel booking in canada for 14 days showing that you are ready to quarantine.
- You can specify that your presence will be a strength to your gf and her family during this difficult time.. but dont mention about doing physical work for them.
- Show fund for your ticket and stay by yourselves and also mention that your gf will be able to support you if needed.
- Keep a detailed LOE with your trip plans like places you will be visiting and your stay..

hope it helps!!
This is great @Antony12 thank you ... the reason I will apply for TRV is after 22 mos. we haven't heard from IRCC of our "conjugal partner sponsorship" usually my gf will come and visit me in phils. every year but the pandemic strikes and she can't travel due to the quarantine protocol inbound/outbound is just of waste of time. I will keep all this details in mind.

SophiaMatt

Nov 21, 2020

Thank you

Hello! Mind sharing any updates? Have you applied already for TRV?