+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply study permit together with applying OWP for spouse and study permit for kid

May 1, 2021
Dear all,

I’m applying for my study permit online. Is it better to apply for OWP for the spouse and study permit for kid (elementary) at the same time with me, or I’d better apply mine first and after my study permit is granted then begin to apply for the spouse and kid? Which way is recommended? Does anyone have similar experience to share?

Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Dear all,

I’m applying for my study permit online. Is it better to apply for OWP for the spouse and study permit for kid (elementary) at the same time with me, or I’d better apply mine first and after my study permit is granted then begin to apply for the spouse and kid? Which way is recommended? Does anyone have similar experience to share?

You can apply at the same time, though apply first prove you have social ties back home. Apply all at the same time reduce waiting time and you are not separated with your family. Its up to you

Shad_Zam

Apr 12, 2021
You can apply at the same time, though apply first prove you have social ties back home. Apply all at the same time reduce waiting time and you are not separated with your family. Its up to you
I'm also in the same situation. if the student visa is approved can we apply for spouse OWP before student travel to Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm also in the same situation. if the student visa is approved can we apply for spouse OWP before student travel to Canada?
Yes but you will also need written authorization to travel as per guidleines because you didn’t apply at the same time.

Umm Emaan

Apr 18, 2021
Dear all,

apply separately, apply student visa first. then apply spouse work permit inside Canada.