+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply PNP or Extend the work visa first?

alvarozgz

Mar 30, 2011
Hi everyone,

I was just about to apply for the PNP program like semi-skilled worker, i got all requirements but just realized that I need a working visa as soon as they nominate me in the meantime I apply for residency.
My problem is that Im on a Working Holiday Visa, and expires in two months, so should I apply for an extension before send everything to the PNP?? I heard that this program can extend a letter to help getting a work visa but Im not sure if I have enough time.

If i have to apply for an extension first, should my employer do the LMO?

Anything you guys say will help me,

Thank you

alvarozgz

Mar 30, 2011
well i ve been investigating a bit with my employer and of course im going to need a new valid work permit, now the point is if two moths that i got left on my current work visa, are enough time to get the LMO done and apply for WP??

Other way that PNP told us is extend the working holiday visa, but im not australian or british so i got no more chance to apply for a new one.

what you guys think is my best option to get a work permit in two months, or at least cover legally the 5 months that PNP nomination takes?

Thanks

the fly

Mar 14, 2011
you can apply to extend anyway knowing that they will refuse. it will buy you a couple of months.

leave it till your permit is almost expired and apply to extend, that will add another couple of months at least to the 2 months you currently have remaining. after that amount of time you may have got the nomination.