Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
terminated in regard to 'Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act,
echelon99 said:
Your welcome, please post in this topic after your interview. Let us know how it went.
Yes, sure

echelon99 said:
what day's your interview?
Wednesday morning

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
Hello, i'm doing the application online, but I can't find where I can upload my academic records (transcripts diplomas, etc), please is it ok? can I apply for a study permit (postt graduate) without transcripts??? the VO doesn't rquiere transcripts?? english test? copies of them??? only the letter of accepatance of the universisty (acceptance)???

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
Read the previous posts in this very thread and find your answers.

I am too, worried about applying OL w/o academic results but apparently they are not required in the initial part.

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
echelon99 said:
Your welcome, please post in this topic after your interview. Let us know how it went.
Hi Echelon99,

Following a share regarding my wife interview as per your request.

The interview was scheduled at 10 AM, however was stated at 10:15. It took about 20 minutes. Most of questions were related to genuine purpose of the study and whether we will return to our home country after the study finished. There were few questions regarding my wife background and job related to the study.

The interviewer also checked all original documents and proof of funds. She said that she was satisfied with all documents and commented that our funds were more than enough for whole family living and studying in Canada.

So, we would not worry about prerequisite documents and funds. However, we are worry if the interviewer was satisfied with my wife answers regarding the genuine purpose of the study. I was applying PR when my wife applied the study permit. However, just before five days of the interview day, we got mail from CIC that my PR application was terminated (after 6 years of waiting) together with more than 100,000 applicants by operation of section 87.4(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (backlog clearance). So, the interview was suspicious that we use the study as a camouflage. Although, my wife has tried to convince the interview that the study was not related to the PR termination that received after the study acceptance, we are still not sure that the interviewer was satisfied with the answer.

The interviewer informed that the result will be sent by email in 48 hours after the interview. So, we will know the result tomorrow. However, we would expect a delay since tomorrow is a holiday.

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
Thanks for the share man. I really hope you get through. Its awful to hear about your pr application being cancelled, how can they just go ahead and do that after making you wait for god knows how many years.

1. Did they collect your passports and keep them?

2. Is interview the norm for all study permit applications?

3. How did you show them that you would be returning after completion of studies? Its odd how they focus so much on people returning after studies when, on the other hand, they market Canada's immigration system and policies so strongly. Maybe its just for certain countries.

Anyway best of luck.

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
echelon99 said:
Thanks for the share man. I really hope you get through. Its awful to hear about your pr application being cancelled, how can they just go ahead and do that after making you wait for god knows how many years.
Yeah... it was a little sad regarding the PR termination, but did not make us down very much. We have not hope too much since last one or two years ago, but did not expect that it would impact to my wife study plan. The study is really genuine. When we chose Canada as the study place, we though that we will get the PR hence we would be in the same place of the study.

echelon99 said:
1. Did they collect your passports and keep them?
No, they did not keep the passport. That's way we quite worry that the application actually have been refused already.

echelon99 said:
2. Is interview the norm for all study permit applications?
Yes, it is common for my country. Maybe (just my thought) there are not much people in my country want to Canada for studying so the VO have pretty much time to interview the applicants one by one. There was no queuing when my wife attended the interview. I have seen other countries VO, particularly US, Australia, and Germany, where we would expect 10-20 people in queuing.

echelon99 said:
3. How did you show them that you would be returning after completion of studies? Its odd how they focus so much on people returning after studies when, on the other hand, they market Canada's immigration system and policies so strongly. Maybe its just for certain countries.
We saw them my business in Indonesia as a proof that we have tight relation to our home country. We tried to show them that we come to Canada not because of economic reasons. It make the interviewed changed the question and tried to ask if my children would be happy living in Canada and ask to stay in Canada after my wife study completion. My wife answered that it may be possible that my older son would apply his own study permit since it would be time for him to go to university. While, the other children would back with us since their age will not allow them to stay in Canada without a custodian.

I don't know why they put a lot of attentions to such matter. It seems their standard procedures ask them to review it carefully. For us, the applicants, those such questions are quite difficult to answer. Those are about the future that we have never know what would be happen, so the proven we provided is only a logical answer that can be a subjective of the interviewer to satisfy with.

Frankly speaking, comparing other countries, applying study permit to Canada is very complicated. I have some experiences with studying in other countries, there was no such so much attentions of genuine purposes of the study or worry about that the applicants will not return to their home country. They only worried if the applicants didn't have enough funds to support their study and living cost. Other than that, there were no much questions such as Canada VO asked. Or, maybe my wife application is a little bit complicated because of my PR so that is not comparable.

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
sorry to hear that dude. just hang in there, and keep hoping for the best. let us know how it turns out. good luck.

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
echelon99 said:
sorry to hear that dude. just hang in there, and keep hoping for the best. let us know how it turns out. good luck.
This month is not too good for us. We just got an email from the VO inform that our application was refused.

Yeah.. my affair with Canada is reaching the end.

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
that is so horrible bro. i'm so sorry, i hope you are able to find a way out of this.

what possible reason could they have to refuse your application like this? i don't think you had any issues with funds. and you have a business in Indo. Seems very strange. Did they give you a reason? Can you appeal?

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
echelon99 said:
that is so horrible bro. i'm so sorry, i hope you are able to find a way out of this.

what possible reason could they have to refuse your application like this? i don't think you had any issues with funds. and you have a business in Indo. Seems very strange. Did they give you a reason? Can you appeal?
The reasons they put on the refusal letter:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:
- your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
- purpose of visit
Other reasons: I am not satisfied with your study plan and that you would not be seeking to remain in Canada at the end of your authorised stay.

Learning from the interview questions, I believe that the interviewer have had already a prejudice that we will not leave Canada because of our PR application history. So, even though my wife tried to explain, she would try to ask another questions until she found that her assumption was true. Frankly speaking, it was like an interrogation more than an interview.

Regarding the appeal, we don't have any plan for that. We think that it is enough dealing with Canadian Immigration.

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
sorry bro, all the best.

let us know in a brand new thread if you decide to do something else. Otherwise, there's always AUS I suppose. Even Singapore should seem like a better option now.

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
already submitted with application
sorry to hear that belitang.... but you can try for australia.... and NZ...
do one thing, apply you or your wife SINGLY first..... after you/she gets visa, then apply for the spouse...

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
Hi, my wife is applying for a study permit, and an open work permit for me, 2 years ago I applied for Federeal Skilled Worker program to get the PR, but my file was return to me because my NOC category was empty (more than 500 applications), could I have some problems, as same like Belitang' ? ??? ???

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
tomsware said:
sorry to hear that belitang.... but you can try for australia.... and NZ...
do one thing, apply you or your wife SINGLY first..... after you/she gets visa, then apply for the spouse...
Yes, we considered NZ. There is a university that offer the same subject that my wife intend to. In this case, I probably will apply a PR, since I could get more than enough points to be eligible as Skilled Migrant category, even though without a job offer. Having PR gives a benefit that PR holder' study fee is almost quarter of the international student's. However, we have not decided yet. We need first to study how the NZ PR processing is. We don't want to repeat the same experience with Canadian PR that be returned after wait more than 6 years.

Regarding the suggestion to apply the study permit first then latter spouse apply a visa, we have another view. There were a lot of reports, that the students' spouse cannot get the visa after the student established in Canada. Those couples now face difficult situations that they must be separated for years because of the spouses cannot get visas. For us, it is better to get rejection at the first place than separated for years because of I latter could not get a visa while my wife already in Canada. With the refusal, we can claim refund of the study fee, so we only loose the visa application fee.

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
jfalvitez said:
Hi, my wife is applying for a study permit, and an open work permit for me, 2 years ago I applied for Federeal Skilled Worker program to get the PR, but my file was return to me because my NOC category was empty (more than 500 applications), could I have some problems, as same like Belitang' ? ??? ???
If your PR application was returned 2 years ago, especially if they haven't processed it, you should be OK. Just prepare good reason so that the visa officers can be convinced that all of you will return back to your home country after she complete the study.

Learning from my wife fail, if your wife is asked for interview, you should prepare her to give political answers. For example, the first question that the interviewer asked was "I found that your husband's PR application was just terminated, so I think your study is not genuine. Could you explain why do you want to study in Canada?" Then, my wife tried to explain her study reason, however never tried to separate my PR condition with her study plan. So, next questions from the interviewer were around me, such as my business, why I want to leave for Canada when I could earn good money in my country, may I return if get a good project in Canada, etc. And, there were only few questions related to my wife study (so no wonder that the refusal letter stated that the interviewer was not satisfied with my wife study plan). In this case, my wife should explain that she have planned the study before the PR termination. Actually she could even show that the date of acceptance letter is previous of the termination date. If she did this, I believe she could convince the interview that both cases were two separated case, so then bring the interviewer focus on her study rather than focus on my case.

I could not suggest how to be success with your case, however I hope my share could give you a view to have better preparation.