+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply online is better or paper based is good

MrKhan80

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Dear All,

I would like to ask u apply online is good or paper is based application is good also how online application works simply submitting and uploading scan copy is acceptable to CIC or they asked original documents at some stage of application process . i have got my documents check list code so what is next step ?

actually i am bit confused in understanding how online application works can any one guide me on this .

Regards

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
same question

Reactions: Jau9033

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
I was asking the same questions in my opinion the onlie apaplication is fastest than paper, however the online application is totally in english (you need translations) but scanned, also is a little bit difficult and confuse, I prefer do it by paper, es easy and more clear.

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Online application will be better as it is a faster process.
You just need to scan and upload it.
If the VO want to check the original documents for verification, VO will mail you.

Good Luck.

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
terminated in regard to 'Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act,
MrKhan80 said:
I would like to ask u apply online is good or paper is based application is good also how online application works simply submitting and uploading scan copy is acceptable to CIC or they asked original documents at some stage of application process . i have got my documents check list code so what is next step ?

actually i am bit confused in understanding how online application works can any one guide me on this .
The process is pretty simple, there are three major steps
1. answering some question to create a personal list --> you have done this parts
2. create a user account in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
3. process the online application using the user you have created on step-2

Some notes regarding step-3:
- to start apply you must select "Apply Online" on a left menu, then enter "personal checklist code" you get on the step-1 above.
- Don't worry if you have not 100% sure. If you confuse in the middle of process just save your work. You can login back later to update your data.
- The system will give you 60 days to finish your application.
- After you fill application form (IMM1294E), don't print the form, instead just do validation by click "Validate" (blue square on top of form) an save as PDF file (it do not need sign). When you upload this document, the system will read the barcode generated by the validation process to understand your entering data. So, if you change some data in the form, don't forget to re-validate.
- Upload all supporting documents. Before all required documents are uploaded, you will not see a next button.

A suggestion: VO on some countries require applicants to make a SOP. Based on my experience, the online application will not ask you to upload the SOP. However, there is optional "Letter of Explanation" space that can be used to attach your SOP. I did it for my wife application and did not get any trouble.

Reactions: vindin

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
thanks a lot buddy... what is SOP (sorry for sounding stupid).... did you mean study plan?

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
tomsware said:
thanks a lot buddy... what is SOP (sorry for sounding stupid).... did you mean study plan?
SOP means Statement Of Purpose, pretty much the same thing as study plan, or letter of explanation

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
If i choose online application I have to upload all my documents in english? because my documents are in other language (spanish), thats my problem. But if I applied by paper I have to send them in the original language (spanish)

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
jfalvitez said:
If i choose online application I have to upload all my documents in english? because my documents are in other language (spanish), thats my problem. But if I applied by paper I have to send them in the original language (spanish)
Either you apply online or by paper, you must translate your documents.

If you choose paper based application then you must make notarized copy of your document and attach original translation (must be translated by a registered translator). Don't ever send your original documents, you will get a big problem if it is lost and VO will not take responsibility of that.

If you choose online application then you must scan both documents (original and its translation) and put it in one file.

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
Really I'm from Peru, and in the webpage of the embassy of canada doesnt says that you should send the documents in english, or its the same for all embassy around the world???

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
1. Are you sure the IMM1294E form does not need to be signed?

There is a space for the signature and and date at the end, do I just leave them blank?

2. Is there space to upload scans of additional optional documents (i.e. IELTS, GMAT, Police certificates)?

Thanks!

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
jfalvitez said:
Really I'm from Peru, and in the webpage of the embassy of canada doesnt says that you should send the documents in english, or its the same for all embassy around the world???
Check this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp#5269E3

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
echelon99 said:
1. Are you sure the IMM1294E form does not need to be signed?

There is a space for the signature and and date at the end, do I just leave them blank?
Yes, I am absolutely sure. You will be asked an electronic sign when you submit (after you upload all required documents). I have done for my wife application. Instead, if you print and signed then scan it, you will get error when uploading to the website.

But, it only for online application. If you apply paper base, you need to sign the documents (the space for signature is for paper base application).

echelon99 said:
2. Is there space to upload scans of additional optional documents (i.e. IELTS, GMAT, Police certificates)?
IELTS and GMAT are for applying a university/college. Those documents are not required for applying the study permit. While, police certificate will be requested later. In our case, we have prepared it and will bring all document during the interview hence if the visa officer need a specific documents, we can show it.

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
thanks belitang, so just to be sure, there is NO space for uploading any additional optional documents?

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
echelon99 said:
thanks belitang, so just to be sure, there is NO space for uploading any additional optional documents?
There are two additional spaces. First is for letter of explanation, you can use this if you want to attach other documents. In my wife application, we use this space to attach our letter to VO to explain the study plan and support from my wife organization then attached reference document together with the letter. While the other space is for addition form you need to fill for special condition. I don't remember exactly the documents since it was not related to our condition.