+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply online for single entry but need to change to multiple

Rita_1234

Apr 11, 2013
I have submitted online application for single entry on 31 March for the trip in June and now realize that I have to take another trip in July. Can I revise my application to be multiple entry or is it better to submit another application for the second trip? Please advise.

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
Once you transmit your application you can't modify it, so I would suggest first wait for the result of the first one and right after you get your stamp (if approved) apply again

Rita_1234

Apr 11, 2013
By the time I get the first one, it will be very close to the trip. The processing time is around 50 days for each one. I am thinking of submitting the second request with the new set of documents for the second trip and explaining the reasons why I have to apply for the second time. Do you think that is ok?

iamkaori

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
Hello,

This is also my problem.
I actually have a VISA right now, its single entry and was stamped in my passport last Feb 2013 for my intended visit on June 2013 for 2 weeks only and come back here in my home country.
However due to some circumstances, I need to come back to Canada on August 2013 and dont want to struggle again for visa application, so I am now contemplating on applying for a multiple entry even though my single entry visa has not been used up yet?

Please advise.
Thanks a lot!

mhersol

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
iamkaori said:
Hello,

This is also my problem.
I actually have a VISA right now, its single entry and was stamped in my passport last Feb 2013 for my intended visit on June 2013 for 2 weeks only and come back here in my home country.
However due to some circumstances, I need to come back to Canada on August 2013 and dont want to struggle again for visa application, so I am now contemplating on applying for a multiple entry even though my single entry visa has not been used up yet?

Please advise.
Thanks a lot!
Hi. Did you apply online? How long did it take for you to have your visa from the date you submitted your application?
I submitted my mom's application online on April 14th and I haven't heard any news since then. TIA

Rita_1234

Apr 11, 2013
I applied on 27 Mar and got the notice on 16 April to send my passport within 30 days. I haven't sent my passport yet as I need it to travel on busines trip.

mhersol

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Rita_1234 said:
I applied on 27 Mar and got the notice on 16 April to send my passport within 30 days. I haven't sent my passport yet as I need it to travel on busines trip.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. From what country are you? I submitted my mom's application online last April 14th. She's in the Philippines and I'm here in Winnipeg.