+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply LMIA and OINP job offer at the same time

David1905

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hi everyone,
I'm so depressed now to get PR since there's not much time left for me. I have been working as Manager for current employer for 2 years. Last september, my employer seeked lawyer to apply LMIa for my new position as Web designer (I have both diplomas in Mnagerment and computer programmer). Until now he about ready to submit the application for Lmia. However, the chance to get positive desicion is not so high. As I know the OINP job offer for foreign worker could be open early this year. My question is, if it opens before my lmia decision has been made, Am i able to apply OINP job offer stream as Manager (because it requires 2 years exp same NOC position offered). So if LMIa fail I can explain that because that position was not approved so I have to get back to manager position and keep working on OINP stream. or if LMIa approved I can cancel OINP and keep my web designer position. Will it be any problem afterwards? If OINP opens after lmia desicion is made then It should be fine for me.
Can anyone help me with this please :(
Many thanks in advance!

Last edited: