+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for work permit outside home country

canadadream2

Apr 22, 2023
hey guys. I'm backpacking around the world and would like to know if I can apply for a work permit outside my home country.

I am currently in Indonesia. Therefore, the deadline that will count would be from here and not from my home country, correct?

Best Regards,
Renato.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hey guys. I'm backpacking around the world and would like to know if I can apply for a work permit outside my home country.

I am currently in Indonesia. Therefore, the deadline that will count would be from here and not from my home country, correct?

Best Regards,
Renato.
Yes if eligible. What type of work permit? Do you have a LMIA? Spouse in Canada? IEC?

canadadream2

Apr 22, 2023
sure thanks. so can i apply outside my home country and the deadline for me to receive WP approval is from the country where i am applying?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
sure thanks. so can i apply outside my home country and the deadline for me to receive WP approval is from the country where i am applying?
Yes you can apply for WP from any country. Since you have applied for PR within the 90 days, have a job offer, and referral letter from the Atlantic province where you will be working (in the link), you can apply from anywhere.

Reactions: canadadream2