+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply for work permit based on my wife work permit

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello guys, I have question :

My wife in Canada as protected person and she included me in her application when she applied for PR. As most of you know that this process will take long time specially in these days .Anyway she got work permit so I'm thinking if its possible for me to apply for work permit based on her work permit ?
I know its seems strange but when I made search in this I noticed that the partner can apply for work permit in case his/her partner has work permit and he/she physically in Canada also in study permit case ,the spouse can apply for work permit based on his partner study permit even if he/she outside Canada and has no job offer so I thought maybe its same concept . Anyone can answer me ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately doesn't work that way. As the spouse of a protected person you can't apply for a work permit. The only reason refugee claimants and protected people are given work permits is to try and get them working so they don't receive welfare and aren't a cost to the Canadian taxpayer.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Unfortunately doesn't work that way. As the spouse of a protected person you can't apply for a work permit. The only reason refugee claimants and protected people are given work permits is to try and get them working so they don't receive welfare and aren't a cost to the Canadian taxpayer.
Thank you , is there other way to let me in instead of waiting for the PR ?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try get closed work permit under LMIA (of course if an employer is willing to go through that way). But considering that your spouse is a refugee, your chances to get approval on anything temporary are minimal. So stay put and wait until the PR application is approved.