+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for Visitor Visa after 5 year ban ended

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Okay, I understand now. I thought the officer is saying that there is another application before the early September one. Thanks for your time.
She's in a tough situation. It's terribly unfortunate that something she did as a minor will always stay on her record.

Just one advice:
She must always (always) declare this ban whenever she applies for visas to any country for the rest of her life. Even when she applies to Canada.

Hopefully she will be granted a TRV in a few years

AxeTank

Sep 14, 2018
She's in a tough situation. It's terribly unfortunate that something she did as a minor will always stay on her record.

Just one advice:
She must always (always) declare this ban whenever she applies for visas to any country for the rest of her life. Even when she applies to Canada.

Hopefully she will be granted a TRV in a few years
Thank you again for all your advises and suggestions. Hope you have a great weekend.

ankur!%^@

Feb 22, 2019
hello bryana pls tell me is there any chance to get us tourist visa after ban from canada.can i apply for usa tourist visa

ankur!%^@

Feb 22, 2019
pls tell me bryanna if i banned from canada is there any chance to get us visa . is us embassy checked previous detail before granting visa

raj47d

Mar 8, 2017
Hi, can my girlfriend apply for Visitor Visa after the ban is over? First, I will talk about the reason she got the five year ban. My girlfriend used other people's passport visited UK in October 2013, and been caught when she return back to Canada. Her status in Canada is an international student. However, the border officer allowed her to enter Canada at airport, but required to attend a hearing in Feb 2014. The result of the hearing is that she is banned for entering Canada in 3 years. She left in 30 days and the border officer didn't give her Certificate of Departure at airport's gate. The officer only asked her to sign a paper at the gate and he took the paper away with him. The 3 years is over in 2017 and she applied a visitor visa early September 2018. It is very wired that she got a refusal result saying the the ban is five years which will end Feb or Mar 2019. Since the ban will be over in few months, she will try again next year. Can you guys please give some suggestion how to prove that she will never do this again. This happened when she was 17 and she doesn't know how serious the consequence. She applied US visa in 2015 and got approved, she had good history of entering US and never overstayed. She never violate this kind of rules again from all other countries. Can you guys give some suggestion on applying visitor visa next year? How to make them believe that this kind of thing will never happen and what kind of documents will help her?

The refusal letter:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

- At prior refusal, you were found inadmissible to Canada for misrepresentation. In accordance with paragraph 40(2)(a) of the immigration and Refugee Protection Act(IRPA), you remain inadmissible for a period of five years from the date of your prior refusal or from the date a previous removal order was enforced.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that situation meets requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

The refusal letter only show one reason which I wrote above. Does this mean the officier is happy with all other documents and this is the only reason he/she refuse the application?

One more thing, her passport that contains US visa was damaged by her cat. Therefore, the one she send to apply Canada Visa is a new one and didn't contain the US visa and all those entering and exiting records. That US visa was granted for 10 years and she might need to apply for a new one.
When she got visa for usa .
She told usa embassy that i am banned from canada

raj47d

Mar 8, 2017
pls tell me bryanna if i banned from canada is there any chance to get us visa . is us embassy checked previous detail before granting visa
I guess so .but not sure .but you must tell them that you are banned from canada .your refusal letter .dont hide