+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for TRV while waiting for PGWP?

Linhly

Oct 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've applied for PGWP since Sept 4, 2018 and still waiting with no update so far. My TRV has expired but I really need to get back to my country in November, and I need it to return to Cananda begining of December.

On CIC website says that I need to wait for my PGWP to be issued to get my TRV renewed, but is it possible that I can apply for my TRV now? And under what kind of reason? (visitor? worker?)
I still have my study permit valid 'til March 2019. When I try to fill out the questions on online application (with current status is student), it always asks to submit Proof of next term enrollment but I already finish my program... so confused

Is anyone in the same situation? And I also don't want to take risk leaving the country without my PGWP and TRV...

Thank you :)

seanyoon

Dec 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

I've applied for PGWP since Sept 4, 2018 and still waiting with no update so far. My TRV has expired but I really need to get back to my country in November, and I need it to return to Cananda begining of December.

On CIC website says that I need to wait for my PGWP to be issued to get my TRV renewed, but is it possible that I can apply for my TRV now? And under what kind of reason? (visitor? worker?)
I still have my study permit valid 'til March 2019. When I try to fill out the questions on online application (with current status is student), it always asks to submit Proof of next term enrollment but I already finish my program... so confused

Is anyone in the same situation? And I also don't want to take risk leaving the country without my PGWP and TRV...

Hi,
I am in the same boat with you. I wonder what you were doing for working it out. Could you let me know how you solve that problem?
Thank you in advance.

Linhly

Oct 9, 2018
Hi,
I am in the same boat with you. I wonder what you were doing for working it out. Could you let me know how you solve that problem?
Thank you in advance.
So I ended up using my valid study permit to apply for TRV. And in the application I just included a letter stated that I’ve already applied for PGWP but need to return to my country due to family reason, so I used my valid study permit to extend for TRV.
Just clearly explain your situation. It will work. Took me about 2 weeks to get my visa (from when I complete the application until I receive my passport back)

Toyatiiffy

May 10, 2018
Hi,
I’m in the similar situation except I’m in my home country with the expired TRV. Was wondering what form u used when you applied for the new TRV.
Thanks for the help in advance

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi,
I’m in the similar situation except I’m in my home country with the expired TRV. Was wondering what form u used when you applied for the new TRV.
Thanks for the help in advance
It will be the same TRV process as everyone else. Nothing special.

temp11

Feb 18, 2020
Hi everyone,

@Linhly Please what letter did you end up submitting for the letter of enrolment to apply for your TRV? I need to apply for a TRV but I can't get a letter of enrolment because it starts in July. Thanks in advance!

vaniv

Jan 19, 2023
So I ended up using my valid study permit to apply for TRV. And in the application I just included a letter stated that I’ve already applied for PGWP but need to return to my country due to family reason, so I used my valid study permit to extend for TRV.
Just clearly explain your situation. It will work. Took me about 2 weeks to get my visa (from when I complete the application until I receive my passport back)

Hi,

so while applying as a student what document did you submit in the Proof of next term enrolment ?

I am currently facing the same situation and have to go back home urgently.!

would really appreciate your help.!

Pran-ay

Dec 23, 2023
Hi,

so while applying as a student what document did you submit in the Proof of next term enrolment ?

I am currently facing the same situation and have to go back home urgently.!

would really appreciate your help.!
Hi, did you get your TRV, I'm also in same boat. Not sure about the next term enrollment letter