+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for the 1st Passport for my US-born Child

fangcai

Jul 22, 2018
Hello,

I'm a Canadian citizen living in China with my wife (Chinese citizen) and my US-born daughter under 1 year old. I've submitted the passport application package (PPTC042 and PPTC116) to the consular section here per their instructions. But I received an email after about one week asking me to fill PPTC445, also mentioned "If the reason of the passport application is for travel, you should submit a Proof of Travel (confirmed air ticket with my daughter's name on).

I may have some questions as below:
1. Should I fill the Section 3 of PPTC445 which is "for immigration refugees and citizenship Canada use only" as I'm applying for a passport for my daughter, not citizenship?
2. As for the confirmed air ticket, I won't be able to purchase the ticket till receiving my daughter's passport and also it's also stated in PPTC042 "it is recommended that you do not finalize travel plans until you receive the requested passport", How I should deal with this request?

Your earliest response will be highly appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

I'm a Canadian citizen living in China with my wife (Chinese citizen) and my US-born daughter under 1 year old. I've submitted the passport application package (PPTC042 and PPTC116) to the consular section here per their instructions. But I received an email after about one week asking me to fill PPTC445, also mentioned "If the reason of the passport application is for travel, you should submit a Proof of Travel (confirmed air ticket with my daughter's name on).

I may have some questions as below:
1. Should I fill the Section 3 of PPTC445 which is "for immigration refugees and citizenship Canada use only" as I'm applying for a passport for my daughter, not citizenship?
2. As for the confirmed air ticket, I won't be able to purchase the ticket till receiving my daughter's passport and also it's also stated in PPTC042 "it is recommended that you do not finalize travel plans until you receive the requested passport", How I should deal with this request?

Your earliest response will be highly appreciated.
1. You need proof of citizenship for your daughter, before a Canadian passport would be issued.
2. You give an estimated time of departure from China if you are requesting expatiated processing.

fangcai

Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for your comments.
1. Yes, my daughter's proof of citizenship is under processing.
2. The confirmed air ticket seems to me that we have to issue the ticket. I may submit the confirmed reservation to see what happen.

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Thanks for your comments.
1. Yes, my daughter's proof of citizenship is under processing.
2. The confirmed air ticket seems to me that we have to issue the ticket. I may submit the confirmed reservation to see what happen.
Hi,can you please share how did you fill out all forms , Like pptc116,pptc445, please share with us.. i totally do not understand what should i have to write down. thanx
1) in pptc 445 , my wife is not a canadian citizen- so what i have to write down in that OTHER PARENT section.. , FULL RIGHT SECTION OF THIS FORM?? PLZ PLZ
2)PPTC 116, THERE IS 2 PAGE, CONTAIN "NAME OF APPLICANT". WHAT SHOULD I HAVE TO WRITE DOWN THERE? WHO HAS TO SIGN IT ON BOTH PAGE.. PLZ ANSWER THIS..

THANK YOU

fangcai

Jul 22, 2018
1) in pptc 445 , my wife is not a canadian citizen- so what i have to write down in that OTHER PARENT section.. , FULL RIGHT SECTION OF THIS FORM??
Yes, you still need to fill out the information of your wife as the Other Parent.

2)PPTC 116, THERE IS 2 PAGE, CONTAIN "NAME OF APPLICANT". WHAT SHOULD I HAVE TO WRITE DOWN THERE? WHO HAS TO SIGN IT ON BOTH PAGE.. PLZ ANSWER THIS..
You need to fill out the name of the applicant on the 2 pages and date both pages. In my case, I didn't sign this form as my baby was an infant.

I hope the above answer can be helpful. Good luck.

BTW have your child got the proof of citizenship?

Reactions: Mohsin patel

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
1) in pptc 445 , my wife is not a canadian citizen- so what i have to write down in that OTHER PARENT section.. , FULL RIGHT SECTION OF THIS FORM??
Yes, you still need to fill out the information of your wife as the Other Parent.

You need to fill out the name of the applicant on the 2 pages and date both pages. In my case, I didn't sign this form as my baby was an infant.

I hope the above answer can be helpful. Good luck.

BTW have your child got the proof of citizenship?
thank you