patricia.hple

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I was issued an ITA in Febuary 2017. I submitted my PR application in mid-May 2017. Right now PR application is still under processing.

Recently (literally 2 weeks ago), I got accepted to a really good 2-year MBA program that starts in September 2017. I don't want to miss this opportunity to attend my dream school. So now I need to apply for a study permit ASAP.

Can somebody advise me on:
1) Dual intent -- how to make it as transparent as possible with the visa officers that I actually don't know what will happen after I finish my MBA?
2) Funding -- all of my fund reserved for PR application will be eventually used to finance the MBA program. Is that OK? I mean, for the first semester, I probably won't need to touch this fund, but from second semester onward, I will need to use this fund. I mean, any officer probably should understand that MBA costs around $100,000 per 2 years. They can't expect students to have $15K in reserve while not being able to pay for school, can they?

Any advice would strongly be appreciated. BTW I am applying from outside of Canada.

Thank you

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
If I were you, I would wait to 1st become a PR , then pursue higher studies in Canada. I am not sure about the MBA program but for most of Canadian courses the fees in 1/3 for PR and Citizens. i.e MBA might cost you 33-40k$.

patricia.hple

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I were you, I would wait to 1st become a PR , then pursue higher studies in Canada. I am not sure about the MBA program but for most of Canadian courses the fees in 1/3 for PR and Citizens. i.e MBA might cost you 33-40k$.
Hello there,
I understand money concern, but right now I am OK with it. For MBA, tuition difference is not that much between domestic and international students.

My concern is more around how to make visa officers understand my situation, and whether or not use the fund mentioned in PR application to fund MBA would create any issue in term of eligibility and legality? Any one can help here?