+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for SOWP (I hold a PGWP). Where upload documents ???

Esporte321

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

I would like to apply for a Spouse Open Work Permit for my spouse using my PGWP.
I hold a NOC A job and I already have my 3 payslips.

I have a doubt about how to apply for it. I answered the questions on IRCC website and now I must upload some documents. However, it requests as document:
* Form IMM5710 (extension of work permit, because she already had one while i was studying)
* Form IMM5707 (About family information)
* Passport
* Digital Photo
* Marriage Certificate
* Family member proof of status (my PGWP)

There isn't any space to upload the information about my job, like the letter of employment, contract, paystubs, and etc. that is required for a SOWP using PGWP.

Please, someone that already applied can help me with it ? Is this document checklist normal ? Where did you uploaded the docs about actual job ?

Thanks!!!

Hyderwaqas

Jan 6, 2022
Hi,

I need an advice from my fellow group members. Currently I am on study permit, and can apply for PGWP after 6 months. My wife and 02 daughters are outlander. What should be my strategy to bring them in Canada with minimum risk of visa rejection.

Reactions: ABILA

Rijogeo

Jan 5, 2022
Hi everyone,

I would like to apply for a Spouse Open Work Permit for my spouse using my PGWP.
I hold a NOC A job and I already have my 3 payslips.

I have a doubt about how to apply for it. I answered the questions on IRCC website and now I must upload some documents. However, it requests as document:
* Form IMM5710 (extension of work permit, because she already had one while i was studying)
* Form IMM5707 (About family information)
* Passport
* Digital Photo
* Marriage Certificate
* Family member proof of status (my PGWP)

There isn't any space to upload the information about my job, like the letter of employment, contract, paystubs, and etc. that is required for a SOWP using PGWP.

Please, someone that already applied can help me with it ? Is this document checklist normal ? Where did you uploaded the docs about actual job ?

Thanks!!!
Did you get your answer? If not you need to submit all rest documents put together including job letter and paystubs as one pdf and attach in optional documents

ABILA

Jan 7, 2022
Hi,

I already submitted an application for SOWP for my husband and visitor visa for my 3 yr old son on September 3. They haven't get their PPR yet. They have done with all the biometrics and medicals. Unfortunately, my studies had completed on Dec 17th 2021 and my study permit is valid till April 30th 2022. Is there any chance of getting their PPR in the coming days? Or should I include another application (for them) in my PGWP application?

VICTORY1

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hi all. My spouse is pursuing his graduation in Canada & I’m planning to apply for open work permit. I have 2 kids, is that enough if I include their name in my family information as accompanying or should I apply for a separate dependent visa for them? If so can you pls let me know the next steps.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all. My spouse is pursuing his graduation in Canada & I’m planning to apply for open work permit. I have 2 kids, is that enough if I include their name in my family information as accompanying or should I apply for a separate dependent visa for them? If so can you pls let me know the next steps.
So he has a PGWP or is graduating? There is no such thing as a dependant visa. Depending on your kids ages, they applying for a visitor or study permit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I already submitted an application for SOWP for my husband and visitor visa for my 3 yr old son on September 3. They haven't get their PPR yet. They have done with all the biometrics and medicals. Unfortunately, my studies had completed on Dec 17th 2021 and my study permit is valid till April 30th 2022. Is there any chance of getting their PPR in the coming days? Or should I include another application (for them) in my PGWP application?
They don’t qualify for permits/visas based on your studies. Have you applied for PGWP and do you have a job in NOC 0, A or B with 3 pay stubs?

VICTORY1

Star Member
May 16, 2018
So he has a PGWP or is graduating? There is no such thing as a dependant visa. Depending on your kids ages, they applying for a visitor or study permit.
Hi @Naturgrl ,
He is pursuing his graduation now. One kid is 5 years old & 1 kid is just born. Should i apply for visitor visa for them? Or for 5 yrs old kid I should apply for study permit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi @Naturgrl ,
He is pursuing his graduation now. One kid is 5 years old & 1 kid is just born. Should i apply for visitor visa for them? Or for 5 yrs old kid I should apply for study permit?
So he is applying for a PGWP? For you to be eligible for an OWP, your spouse needs to show at least 3 pay stubs in a NOC A or B job with an employment letter. If he is within 6 months of finishing his program then the same applies. Wait until he applies for PGWP. Your kids apply for a visitor visas. Visas aren’t guaranteed.

ABILA

Jan 7, 2022
They don’t qualify for permits/visas based on your studies. Have you applied for PGWP and do you have a job in NOC 0, A or B with 3 pay stubs?
I got my PGWP on Jan 19, 2022. Now I applied for a visitor visa for both of them in addition to that spouse visa. Moreover, I send the pdf of my work permit to IRCC. I got an email from IRCC last day where they mentioned that they received my work permit. I hope they would get any one of the visas (spouse visa or visitor visa) soon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got my PGWP on Jan 19, 2022. Now I applied for a visitor visa for both of them in addition to that spouse visa. Moreover, I send the pdf of my work permit to IRCC. I got an email from IRCC last day where they mentioned that they received my work permit. I hope they would get any one of the visas (spouse visa or visitor visa) soon.
do you have a job in NOC 0, A or B? 3 pay stubs? Technically you had to reapply when you applied for PGWP for the SOWP and TRVs but due to long processing times they may overlook this. How did you get PGWP so quickly if you only graduated in December?

baryonix

May 21, 2019
do you have a job in NOC 0, A or B? 3 pay stubs? Technically you had to reapply when you applied for PGWP for the SOWP and TRVs but due to long processing times they may overlook this. How did you get PGWP so quickly if you only graduated in December?
Hi @canuck78 , how do I prove my job is in NOC 0, A, B? I have an employment letter saying title, position, hire date, location, permanent (not contract). Does it need to have job duties as well? My Job Code is 2174 Computer Programmer.