+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for PRTD from India (Also name Change in Passport) After COPR and First Landing Done

AJ106

Jul 8, 2021
Hi,

I got my PR in Jan 2019. I did my soft landing at USA-Canada Border and returned to USA the next day so i don't have a PR Card yet. Since then i did not get a chance to go back to Canada. In September 2020. I returned to my home country India. I am in process of applying for PRTD and travel to Canada at the earliest to meet my 730 days obligation. However i had to renew my passport due to expiry and my name changed from the one in the old passport and COPR.

Since there is name change in my Passport, what are my options. So that i can get my PRTD without any issues

I can provide my New and Old passport for Proofs
Legal Name Change Document
My ID Proofs of India. that shows the new name

Applying for PRTD and giving the above supporting documents would suffice ? or do i need to apply for any name change process separately

Thanks in Advance for your help

AJ106

Jul 8, 2021
I believe all of that should be sufficient to show the name change.
Thanks for your response. So i apply through regular prtd application process and provide the above details of name change and giving a letter of explanation would be enough correct?

sriinn

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Thanks for your response. So i apply through regular prtd application process and provide the above details of name change and giving a letter of explanation would be enough correct?
Did you applied for PRTD and any idea on how long it take?