+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for PR

RainbowE

Aug 26, 2016
Hi!

I am 23 and have been pondering the decision for the past 4 years now of moving from the U.S to Canada. I've come to the decision that I want to move to nanaimo, but not sure how to go about applying for PR. I've asked friends who have moved from the U.S to Canada but they all got married before moving. How would I go about it and what are the steps? Have looked into it but the steps aren't that really clear.

I'm a home care aide and was wondering should I be looking for work in the field before I start the process or do both at the same time. I have friends I can stay with if I need to go and look for jobs on weekends.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Canada has a number of different immigration programs. You'll need to research them to see what it takes to qualify and apply. You can find detailed information about these programs here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

If you're struggling to understand the process, it may make sense to hire an immigration lawyer or consultant to assist you.

Based on your profession, you may have to first temporarily move to Canada as a live-in caregiver. Once you have worked in Canada full time for two years, then you may qualify for PR. To move to Canada temporarily as a live-in caregiver, you'll need to start by securing a job in Canada.

RainbowE

Aug 26, 2016
So if I go as a live in caregiver I would be able to just take all my stuff with me, because once I make the move over I don't plan on coming back. Is it possible to find a job as a caregiver without living in my clients home?