+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for PR without spouse and Can I apply family sponsorship later

raviakash28

Dec 12, 2019
I am in Canada now in work permit and spouse with open work permit. I am 10 points behind to the current express entry trend if I include spouse in my profile. Otherwise I am qualify to get PR invite.

In this case,

1. can I apply alone and get PR first. Later, can I bring my spouse to Canada through family sponsorship program?

2. Will it create any problems later?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I am in Canada now in work permit and spouse with open work permit. I am 10 points behind to the current express entry trend if I include spouse in my profile. Otherwise I am qualify to get PR invite.

In this case,

1. can I apply alone and get PR first. Later, can I bring my spouse to Canada through family sponsorship program?

Not sure about this, but if you are just 10 points behind the current ITA trend, you can try improving your IELTS scores which will give you a substantial boost.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC

In this case,

No chance buddy, unless you wanna get banned!! You cannot lie on your EE profile. If you are married, you cannot just say that you're single.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Not relevant as they are already 10 points down. How would selecting 'not accompanying' gain them anything? It would instead just reduce the score further.
Changing spouse to 'not accompanying', generally increases the score, especially if the spouse has low IELTS/education scores.

RickyNep

Feb 15, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
@raviakash28 I am also in the same situation without spouse I am having 483 and with spouse I am having 454. So, could you share your finding? Have you applied alone?

raviakash28

Dec 12, 2019
@raviakash28 I am also in the same situation without spouse I am having 483 and with spouse I am having 454. So, could you share your finding? Have you applied alone?
I didn't go that route. I was picked in CEC 6 months ago. No clear answer from anyone for your situation. You can give a shot if your spouse is OK to live without you for 2 years.