+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply for PR while on W.Permit visa

cimi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2007
To expert guys.

Can I apply anytime for the PR under the Skilled Worker category,while being in Canada with Work Permit Visa.
Thank you in advance

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

start reading :)

itzumi

Apr 5, 2010
Hello everybody, I want to work in Canada, I´m from Mexico, does somebody know about a job I´m 29 years old I´m a woman, best

roxana boom

Apr 5, 2010
Hi everyone!!!!

I.m working under the live.in caregiver program,but i/ve got an work permit only for 2 years...as now the rules changed....and caregivers are required to be under this prog for 4 years...if i/ll extend my work permit only for one year ...not for two ? I.m afraid i won/t have patience for 4 years of live/in caregiver/ing ;will my aplication for permanent residency be accepted?does anyone know?I/m under this prog since october last year)))

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Re: Hi everyone!!!!

roxana boom said:
I.m working under the live.in caregiver program,but i/ve got an work permit only for 2 years...as now the rules changed....and caregivers are required to be under this prog for 4 years...if i/ll extend my work permit only for one year ...not for two ? I.m afraid i won/t have patience for 4 years of live/in caregiver/ing ;will my aplication for permanent residency be accepted?does anyone know?I/m under this prog since october last year)))
The new rule is more lenient in that now, live in caregivers have 4 years to finish the 24 months mandatory employment before you can apply for permanent residency. So if you have only one employer and was employed by them for 24 months, no breaks, then after 24 months you can send your application for PR.

Randz post:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/good-news-for-caregivers-t38428.0.html

IMPORTANT

Effective April 1, 2010, live-in caregivers working in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program:

•have two options for calculating their work experience to be eligible to apply for permanent residence:
◦24 months of authorized full-time employment, or
◦a total of 3,900 hours of authorized full-time employment;
•have four years from their date of arrival to complete the employment requirement to be eligible for permanent residence under the Program; and
•no longer need to undergo the standard mandatory requirement for a second medical exam when applying for permanent residence.

source http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/index.asp

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
cimi said:
To expert guys.

Can I apply anytime for the PR under the Skilled Worker category,while being in Canada with Work Permit Visa.
Thank you in advance
If and when you qualify, then send your app :)

canadarockie

Mar 13, 2010
i think i read this rule somehwere.. that you are eligible to apply even if you are a student of a temporary worker in canada... i'll try to fine that article and give you the link

roxana boom

Apr 5, 2010
live in caregiver

does anyone know if can i apply for an open work permit at the same time as i am going to apply for the extension of my 2 year work permit under live/in caregiver :)