+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply For PR WHILE having resdince obligation hearing

dido123

Dec 27, 2014
Dear All,
I called CIC and they said to me that I can apply for pr even if i haven't been in Canada last 5 years and even if i met the residency obligation I can apply because i have a hearing and i can get for 1 year.
My questions are:
1-What documents do i submit with my PR application.
2-There is a question about has an officer made the decision that you have not met the residnecy obligation required of Canadian permanent Residence.Do I put Yes(Since my travel document was rejected in my home country)?
Thank you very much

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

dido123 said:
Dear All,
I called CIC and they said to me that I can apply for pr even if i haven't been in Canada last 5 years and even if i met the residency obligation I can apply because i have a hearing and i can get for 1 year.
My questions are:
2-There is a question about has an officer made the decision that you have not met the residnecy obligation required of Canadian permanent Residence.Do I put Yes(Since my travel document was rejected in my home country)?
Thank you very much
1 Before you could re-apply, you would have to withdraw your appeal.
2. Depends under what program you intend to apply under once you withdraw your appeal.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I'm pretty sure that the OP means PR card, not PR status.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dido123 said:
Dear All,
My questions are:
Thank you very much
1. The document checklist at the end of the PRC renewal application form (which you must include in the submitted application) as well as the Instruction Guide tells you what to submit - basically proof of ID, proof of residence, photos and fee payment. Submit what you have and if you don't have something e.g Notices of Assessment (Taxes) because you haven't lived in Canada or haven't filed taxes then write an explanatory letter clarifying this.

2. Correct fill out Yes for this Q18. You will get a 1 year validity PR card. Depending on when your appeal is heard and decided you may end up having to apply for replacement PR Cards which will continue to be 1 year validity.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zardoz said:
I'm pretty sure that the OP means PR card, not PR status.
1. The OP states that "I can apply because i have a hearing " so it would appear that s/he has been reported and appealed. He is not eligible for a 1 year PR card to attend the hearing as s/he has not been in Canada during the past 5 years.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. The OP states that "I can apply because i have a hearing " so it would appear that s/he has been reported and appealed. He is not eligible for a 1 year PR card to attend the hearing as s/he has not been in Canada during the past 5 years.
The OPs story is somewhat convoluted. He seems to have applied for a PRTD on grounds of being removed as a minor to Lebanon. The PRTD got bounced and he appealed. Since he had not been in Canada in 365 days prior to the PRTD refusal he is not eligible to be issued a PRTD to attend the appeal in person (IRPA 31,3,c). Whilst waiting for the appeal to be heard the OP entered Canada via a land/border crossing and was admitted despite being held up at the border for several hours. There seems to be some confusion between his lawyer/ CBSA/CIC/ IAD and the OP as to whether this admission constitutes an acceptance of H&C grounds for retention of his PR status. The OP enquired as to if to withdraw the appeal and the advise here was not to but more importantly that his 'complex' situation was best dealt with competent legal advice since the forum wasn't clear as to his whole situation.

The OP is eligible for a one year validity PR Card subject to the appeal not being decided against him. Actually this means that any PR who is bounced a PRTD can just apply for a PR Card and hope they can somehow get it to enable a return to Canada...seems CIC get round this 'loop hole' by requiring out of country 'PR Card' applicants to collect their card in person eh!

dido123

Dec 27, 2014
Thank for your replies.I called CIC from 2 weeks they said to me that I can have a pr card for 1 year.While i called cic today they said no.
I Dont know if i have to apply or no now.
My second question is
Lets say if i win my hearing .Do i have to wait 2 years to apply for a pr card or just i will get it immdeaitly because i win the appeal.
Thanks again .