+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for pgwp

Ram031

Oct 23, 2022
Hi, I am in Canada and I applied for pgwp after finishing my study . It’s been now 145 days and still waiting for final decision. My temporary resident visa and study permit now expired. I have to go outside Canada to my home country in December. Can I go outside Canada in this time and come back in February?

Akshowjini

Oct 14, 2022
Hey
U can travel to your home country but for coming back u need a valid trv and trv will only be issued if u have a valid work permit approved. Because ur study visa expired unfortunately u need to wait until u get your pgwp and then apply for trv.
Or if u still wish to travel, u can travel but u will be stuck there until u get your pgwp and later need to apply from there for trv

Reactions: Naturgrl

Ram031

Oct 23, 2022
Hey
U can travel to your home country but for coming back u need a valid trv and trv will only be issued if u have a valid work permit approved. Because ur study visa expired unfortunately u need to wait until u get your pgwp and then apply for trv.
Or if u still wish to travel, u can travel but u will be stuck there until u get your pgwp and later need to apply from there for trv
Thanks for your comment. It’s quite urgent for me to travel my home country. How long it usually takes to get pgwp and apply for new trv to get trv?

Ram031

Oct 23, 2022
I live in Bangladesh and my trv last time issued from Singapore Canadian High commission via VFS.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
I live in Bangladesh and my trv last time issued from Singapore Canadian High commission via VFS.
Current processing time for PGWP Inside Canada is about 170 days (give or take a few). You said you applied 145 days ago. You may get it in mid-Nov. It will take about a week for you to get the physical copy delivered to your address. So perhaps the end of Nov 2022.

The current processing time for TRV from inside Canada is about a month or so (including time to send the passport to Ottawa for stamping). If you apply for TRV immediately after getting your physical PGWP copy, you may get your TRV by the end of Dec or mid-Jan 2023 (Not sure if Christmas/New years affects processing).

However, the TRV processing time from Bangladesh is currently around the 120 day mark. That doesn't include the time to send the passport to Singapore for stamping and getting it back. If you leave Canada in December and apply for TRV from Bangladesh, you may not get it till April 2023.

Ram031

Oct 23, 2022
Hi, is it possible to collect my pgwp letter outside Canada if I give them my address. I applied inside Canada for PGWP and I don’t think I will get it within short time. It’s pretty urgent for me
to go my country.