+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for permanent residence under probation

Raj6884

Aug 7, 2022
Hi all , Now I'm on 2 year probation started in March 2022, the charges against me was s.266 CCC assault and I got conditional discharge, can I apply for permanent residency under probation time ? One month back I took RCMP fingerprinting and that's didn't show any charges or probation and I also took PCC from local police station in toronto that also didn't show any charges or conviction..... please help

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi all , Now I'm on 2 year probation started in March 2022, the charges against me was s.266 CCC assault and I got conditional discharge, can I apply for permanent residency under probation time ? One month back I took RCMP fingerprinting and that's didn't show any charges or probation and I also took PCC from local police station in toronto that also didn't show any charges or conviction..... please help
I am not sure but if you are on probation it will reflect in the system. You have to explain in the section ever charged or convicted and the end result is in the hands of IRCC. They might or they might not. Search article about criminal conviction published maybe a month ago by Canada Visa ( as you are a member of this forum you might have got it in your inbox).

Raj6884

Aug 7, 2022
I am not sure but if you are on probation it will reflect in the system. You have to explain in the section ever charged or convicted and the end result is in the hands of IRCC. They might or they might not. Search article about criminal conviction published maybe a month ago by Canada Visa ( as you are a member of this forum you might have got it in your inbox).
Only arrested for 4 housrs and they let me go home and not convicted,

Raj6884

Aug 7, 2022
In those 4 hours they would have taken your fingersprint and done the whole paperwork. Its likely you are not convicted.
Yes they took my fingure print another day, I have a doubt if they have the record then why it's not showing when I took RCMP fingerprinting last month its didn't show anything

Raj6884

Aug 7, 2022
Can I have your phone number I can sent u the copy of conditional discharge
This is what I get from Google

A conditional discharge is similar to an absolute discharge because a finding of guilt is made, but no conviction is registered. What makes it different from an absolute discharge is that there are conditions that the offender must follow. The conditions always come in a probation order that can be in effect from one to three years.