+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for Passport from Outside Canada after becoming Citizen

zomby

Jun 3, 2010
Hi All,

I have to travel the next day after taking the Oath and will be in another country for couple of months. I wanted to know if I can apply for my first passport from outside Canada or the first passport application has to be submitted in Canada after you become Canadian Citizen.

Thanks

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have to travel the next day after taking the Oath and will be in another country for couple of months. I wanted to know if I can apply for my first passport from outside Canada or the first passport application has to be submitted in Canada after you become Canadian Citizen.

Thanks
I don't have experience but I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to - after the oath, you're Canadian and have the same rights as anyone else.

Reactions: zomby

jaanzi

Jan 13, 2016
Hi All,

Thanks
hello were you able to make your passport out of Canada then using your citizenship certificate? Please reply as i am in a similar situation today/

tarekh

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
hello were you able to make your passport out of Canada then using your citizenship certificate? Please reply as i am in a similar situation today/
Yes, you can at the consulate of the country of residence. Just need Original certificate and guarantor at this country

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hi All,

Thanks
I'll be applying for a passport outside of Canada, so it'll be good to share your experience also, I'm currently in the UK and I'm just waiting for my citizenship cert to come through which will be hand delivered to me as a family member is flying in from Canada soon.....

jaanzi

Jan 13, 2016
Sorry guys, i did not depend on this option and stayed for a week till i got my certificate and got the passport from Canada in 1 day paying fee for urgent passport. It was better than taking a chance, however, the consulate in Dubai confirmed that i just need the original certificate and forms to apply the first passport from here as well.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Sorry guys, i did not depend on this option and stayed for a week till i got my certificate and got the passport from Canada in 1 day paying fee for urgent passport. It was better than taking a chance, however, the consulate in Dubai confirmed that i just need the original certificate and forms to apply the first passport from here as well.
That's good, I've been in touch with the London High Commission and will be applying from the UK.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hey, how did you get your passport in 1 day please ?